Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. Onholiday(somemightsay)

Onholiday(somemightsay)

If you've not seen that particular episode - it's a great watch........

2. The Light Was Yellow Sir

The Light Was Yellow Sir

Whilst I don't disagree, kicking it away when 1-0 up is always more likely to get a booking than being 2-0 down, just because of any perceived time wasting.

3. old get

old get

For the sake of accuracy, Schindler's book which was entitled originally Manchester United ruined my life was published a decade before the Abu Dhabi takeover. Manchester United was used in the title as it was deemed to appeal to the casual reader more than Manchester City. Subsequent opportunistic revisions and republications post takeover changed the title to Manchester City.

Supporters of a ripe vintage will remember the Schindler of the late sixties pushing trite self serving articles and offering quotes to all and sundry from the City Programme to the local press and Granada News.

Rather than playing on his Jewishness,Schindler should be accurately seen as somebody who always sought the glare of self publicity and was well qualified to rival Peter Swales for the overuse of the first person singular in relation to City.

portisheadblue likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Gremlin

Gremlin

No, they are different books. 'Manchester United Ruined my Life' was about his childhood and growing up in the shadow of a more popular team. 'Manchester City Ruined my life' was an account of his later life and falling out of love with City due to the takeover as a parallel to some of his personal life issues.

Not passing comment on whether he is a good, bad or indifferent author biased or otherwise, just what they are about.

MillionMilesAway likes this.
  5. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

That is true, good point. Maybe that comes into the thinking too, as the 'crime' is delaying the start of play.

6. jrb

jrb

The City hating Daily Express.

Their fawning of Liverpool continues.

Kylian Mbappe names Liverpool as one of four Champions League favourites - snubs Man City
    Kylian Mbappe has been linked with a move to Liverpool because of his outstanding form with Paris Saint-German.

7. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Yeah - we got a snub!

8. ZanteWeatherman

ZanteWeatherman

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    And Conn's bollocks has just resurfaced too. What a load of shite he is.

Dave S likes this.
  9. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    No l can't recall seeing it. Ive seen the far flap and chandelier episodes so l will dig out the full episode of this one. Thanks.

10. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    Surely the City book was a completely new book? I have seen an old video tape which had some sort of dramatisation of MURML and the latter book would have to before than a revision. Having seen him on various programmes since l agree completely about him being a self publicist.