Media Thread - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserblue

There's actually a whole thread hidden in the depths of BM simply entitled Peter Walton from 2010 for anyone interested to see what Blues thought of his corrupt refereeing.

eversince 76

On the subject of Walton, the missed handball from Phil Neville at the Etihad has to be in the top 5 most corrupt decisions of all time against us.
Looking back at highlights from that game (app on Everton tv) it was an even more unbelievable achievement we won the league that year.

@BluePhil8

Pennant kicked off Sky Sports live for being pissed this morning on air. Hillarious. I'm sure he'll be back though as Dippers can do anything, even spitting on children, and Sky keep paying.

franksinatra

You obviously never saw Peter Walton refereeing. He was the most bent ref the Premier League has ever seen. City thought so too after a string of jaw droppingly bent performances in City games, many against Everton and Liverpool which for some reason were fixtures he almost invariably got. So much so that City presented a dossier of evidence to the Premier League which was so damning that Walton "resigned to take up a new job in the USA" (aka was fired) before the 2011-12 season ended. This cheat now has a place on the sofa at BT Sport.
Well I did see him ref but never saw this report, but you clearly have as you know the evidence was damming, You have confirmed that City thought he was bent and also he had to resign, so please tell me what it said?

I am not here to defend Peter Walton by the way as I did not rate him as a ref, but would like to hear what was in this report and your sources to confirms its existence and that City believed he was bent, rather than criticised his performance, and also evidence he resigned due to it.

Last edited:

CharliesRightPeg

Well I did see him ref but never saw this report, but you clearly have as you know the evidence was damming, You have confirmed that City thought he was bent and also he had to resign, so please tell me what it said?

I am not here to defend Peter Walton by the way as I did not rate him as a ref, but would like to hear what was in this report and your sources to confirms its existence and that City believed he was bent, rather than criticised his performance, and also evidence he resigned due to it.
Actually he's been identified by a senior poster as one of three refs where City brought in experts which ended in City winning the league and the three refs leaving / retiring suddenly

It's been mentioned quite a few times over the years, I'm surprised you've never raised issues with it in the past

BringBackSwales

Actually he's been identified by a senior poster as one of three refs where City brought in experts which ended in City winning the league and the three refs leaving / retiring suddenly

It's been mentioned quite a few times over the years, I'm surprised you've never raised issues with it in the past
Who were the other 2?

franksinatra

So the source of info is from a poster on Blue moon? I may have questioned it at the time and yes I have read it, but as the poster stated things with such conviction I wondered if he had some other evidence.

If that is true it is a great leap of faith, to state as fact, so much information when the source is a poster on a fans forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.