Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. franksinatra

franksinatra

So the source of info is from a poster on Blue moon? I may have questioned it at the time and yes I have read it, but as the poster stated things with such conviction I wondered if he had some other evidence.

If that is true it is a great leap of faith, to state as fact, so much information when the source is a poster on a fans forum.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2020
  2. laserblue

laserblue

Thanks for the snotty response. City's dossier was never made public as you well know but Prestwich Blue has posted a number of times about it on the basis of information from within the club. It was also confirmed that three other refs were named in the dossier for bias against City and one of them, Lee Mason, was suddenly and without credible explanation pulled from City's next game and didn't get to referee another City game for over a year. Chris Foy was another one mentioned in City's dossier. I can't recall the third one's name off the top of my head.

I know you're a fully paid up member of the agenda deniers club but Walton was bent and was fired. If you want any more detailed info check PB's earlier postings or maybe ask him yourself. He's one of the most credible posters on BM as you know.

3. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

And yet the story mentions Sterling. If he had scored 20 would he still be omitted as he is not a striker ? I think where the OP means it would have been easy to add one line showing Sterling in that position, especially as he is mentioned.

hutton who blue likes this.
  4. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

I can remember the game he give 2 pens in about 5 mins

5. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

The originator has also confirmed it separately in his blog

Tbh if it was someone reasonable I'd locate links to both but tbh, you would deny or argue the toss so I cba

6. big gaz

big gaz

I thought Pam was the most credible poster on bluemoon or Banned Tosspot ;-)

7. Metalartin

Metalartin

I had a pop at him for praising a Sheff Utd player for the tactical foul he made, mainly because there was no mention of the phrase and that it was said positively. To be fair though, now that I think of it, I seem to remember Jenas praising Fernandinho's ability to snuff out danger and not really using "tactical foul"... He could actually be one of the people who thinks it's bollocks how that's been made a thing for City only.

He also asked why there wasn't a yellow for a few fouls if I remember right. Did he call out the red card challenges though?

the-ecstacy-of-eight likes this.
  8. ballbag

ballbag

Yeah. He was an absolute weapon. I only knew the names of Midgely and Milford around those times. And then Courtney for all the wrong reasons. Its mad how they're so prominent in today's game compared to then - unless nostalgia has warped my memory of it and they were just as bad back then but not on TV every week and under the microscope?

9. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

This was written in 2012

In 21 matches refereeing Manchester United over eight seasons, the Reds have won 15, drawn 6 and lost 0.
    In the same period, Walton has officiated 13 Manchester City games with only 3 ending in victory for the Citizens with 6 defeats.

But the last four years of refereeing from Mr Walton are even more revealing.

Manchester United 11 wins, 4 draws and 0 defeats (15 matches 37 points)
    Manchester City 0 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats (7 matches 3 points).

In 22 matches over four seasons, Man Utd have NEVER LOST with Walton in charge while City have NEVER WON.

Or take the last three seasons where the cumulative points difference between United and City is 27 points - fully 18 of these points are due to the supposedly unconscious biases of an old man.

Kenward Garg and laserblue like this.
  10. franksinatra

franksinatra

Apologies if the reply came over as snotty, not my intention, but I was wondering why you came across with such conviction.

Each to their own but as you say it sounds like PB himself has not seen this dossier himself so the ‘source’ is now someone at the club who has passed info to someone who writes on a forum, we scoff on here when Sky quote ‘sources at the club’ but seem happy to believe it when it suits.

Of course the document may well have been passed to the FA but with literally no proof its difficult for me personally to believe. I would imagine football club are hives of gossip and even people in those positions may exaggerate or bend the truth.

Out of interest if the Referee was in a clubs pocket, say Liverpool would you expect them to be fined now etc, as they have since changed ownership, or the case be forgotten?

Last edited: 24 Jan 2020
    1961_vintage likes this.