Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. Marvin

Marvin

I complained to Reach plc regarding the Pep Guardiola article in Liverpool.con article.

Completely laughable reply. This is the substantive part. I highlighted the bit in red which is nonsense.

The part of my complaint re the transfermarkt data excluding U18 and U23 data and included players loaned out to clubs in the City group has been ignored.

Having investigated your complaint, the publication is satisfied that the information within the article is accurate.

Manchester City's financial operation is almost entirely reliant on the wealth of the United Arab Emirates. City Football Group, which owns the club, is 77% percent owned by Abu Dhabi United Group, an investment vehicle owned by Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, the brother of the ruler of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi alone produces 3.1 million barrels of oil per day, and the whole UAE has oil reserves of 99 billion barrels. In light of this, the publication does not accept that the article represents a breach of the Code as you have suggested.

If you are unhappy with our response, I would suggest that if you are unhappy with our response, you are free to make a complaint to IPSO (Independent Press Standards Organisation) of which Reach PLC is a member.

https://www.ipso.co.uk/complain/complaints-form/

2. Cityfan1977

Cityfan1977

Well it is ALL about net spend. But after seeing one of the comments I feel good been a City fan . What a cult they are

"I think the really sad part of all this is that Klopp has shown nothing but humility and respect towards Pep and Man City.
    Lets face it with the financial doping and tactical fouling and questionable ownership credentials, there's no shortage of amunition there.
    Klopp has not only proved to be the better manager, but the better human being. The man is an inspiration.
    YNWA"

3. Rosler's Mullet

Rosler's Mullet

Is the member called Fleegle, Snorky or Drooper ?

citizen_maine likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Marvin

Marvin

IPSO complaint submitted.

Thinking about copying in MCFC.

I'll let you know what happens. I actually think I've got quite a good chance here of getting Liverpool.com to retract the article as there are material errors which I don't think anyone can ignore.

5. argyle

argyle

Even the reply is factually incorrect.

Ban-jani likes this.
  6. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I thought that at "entirely reliant"

7. Do we actually have a PR strategy . Seems to me we are like a sponge absorbing all the negativity in the media without ever going on the offensive. Offering the bastards free champagne,parking and fancy meals is not a PR strategy.

8. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

Presumably, since it isn't in English, that last paragraph is in "scouse". Illiterate as well as ill-informed.

9. Gremlin

Gremlin

'Entirely reliant'? So all that money we get from the PL, the CL, prize money, TV broadcast income, sponsorship (non Abu Dhabi related like Puma or Nexen Tyre) etc. is just fake news and we, alone amongst all clubs, get all our money from Abu Dhabi? If that was that was the case and I was MCFC chief exec I'd we wanting to know why all the other clubs get this money but apparently we don't so we have to be reliant on our benefactor.

2691Blues and hutton who blue like this.
  10. blueinsa

blueinsa

You should write to ipso because its absolute fucking bollocks.

Our financial operation like every other PL side is down to what we do on and off the pitch to create revenue.

2691Blues and colblue like this.