Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Delaney
    Mills

2. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!
    Of course, so many to list..

Pick one and take their house off them and empty their bank account..

The shit we're copping for would dry up overnight ..!

3. meltonblue

meltonblue

It does work in the opposite way too though. I work in Nottingham and there's a right mix of supporters in there. Every single one of them prefers us to Liverpool or United though and that is in part due to them all thinking the media is biased towards those two in particular.

Not only that, but they watch us more often than they do those because of the football we play. Media and public opinion doesn't necessarily always go in the same direction.

Newman Noggs and Bobbyespania like this.
  4. domalino

domalino

I know this seems like a slightly facile thing to say, but if you don't pay attention, it really doesn't exist.

It's exactly what players do and it's true. Go a week without reading twitter/newspaper sports sections/listening to 5Live or talksport or podcasts and you will realise very quickly that it's all just noise filling a void. Optional supplementary entertainment to fill the gap between the football.

The games still happen, you can still talk about it at the pub, you can even still come on here. If you don't pay attention to the negative press it doesn't effect you at all and it might as well not exist.

Players have been saying it for years, and they've been right the whole time.

5. jrb

jrb

Merson.

6. 55yr old teenager

55yr old teenager

That's exactly what I have been doing for most of the season, but it still annoying all the negative stuff written about us.

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  7. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

I use News now mcfc news feed for a lot of information on City and lately ( all this season) it is full of scum web sites mocking and lying, me not being too clever i only just realized you can block all of them, that worked a treat but now more have turned up and you need to login to stop them, i swear news now have done this on purpose.

8. CelesteItis

CelesteItis

Thus the European royalty claim by the dipper scum has solid basis, the inbred cult.

9. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

I agree with you — if an individual supporter ignores the negative press, it essentially doesn’t exist to them.

However, the negative press does still actually exist in the world, and can have a substantive (sometimes substantial) impact on the club, and may eventually have an indirect impact on supporters. And I don’t think anyone would (in good faith) argue the club should ignore the negative press.

That is why it is perfectly reasonable for supporters to be frustrated with the negative press and to discuss it generally, should they choose to do so.

10. RayCTID

RayCTID

Bates and Glendenning