Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

Hee Hee.

Mange Tout, Mange Tout Rodders!

bornblueegg likes this.
  2. Rochdale Blue

Rochdale Blue

No worse than calling a team who drew lots of games 'the invincibles' or a team that lost four games in a cup competition 'Champions of Europe'.

3. smevchenko

smevchenko

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Well, regardless of matches drawn they were undefeated in the league, so 'The Invincibles' is a deserved moniker.

And if you win the champions league them its fairly obvious you will be regarded as 'Champions of Europe'

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Rochdale Blue

Rochdale Blue

People don't equate invincible with a team that battles for a stalemate rather than a win anymore than a team that loses a number of games in a weak knockout competition can be considered genuine European champions. The Arsenal title is ludicrously pompous and the Liverpool title gained in a season where City cocked up against Spurs and the other major European teams were at their poorest level for many years. It's funny that a city with the biggest number of left wing nut jobs outside the Kremlin think of themselves as European Royalty.

5. W12

W12

I think blue moon could run that city pretty close with the number of left wing nut jobs.

Skip Donoghue and Blue Til Death like this.
  6. Inter Me Nan

Inter Me Nan

And if you win four pots you're the fourmidables.

7. smevchenko

smevchenko

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    It’s embarrassing seeing City fans try and play down Liverpool winning the Champions League... yes a cup competition can provide winners who are not necessarily the best team, but they still deserve the plaudits for winning the thing. Yes, we blew it against Spurs, but Liverpool managed not to blow it during the knockout phase, so deserved winners.

Arsenal at the time were a brilliant team, and I remember willing them on when they had a few games left to remain unbeaten. It was a great achievement. The point tally they got only strengthens the argument about how good the current City team are. Doesn’t mean we have to start throwing about comments about Arsenal being happy with draws all the time.

8. jrb

jrb

When a person you work with comes up to you constantly, and the 1st words out if his mouth, every time, is 6x’s, then the novelty of Liverpool winning the CL soon wares off.

I don’t have a problem with Liverpool winning the CL.

The problem I have, as well as other City fans, and football fans in general in this country, is that we will never hear the last if it.

And that was 1 of the main reason’s why most neutral football fans in this country wanted Spurs to win the CL.

Compare and contrast that to City doing the infinitely more difficult domestic treble and quadruple over a whole season.

And the reaction by most City fans.

Quiet pride. Humility. Etc. Without ramming it down the throats of other football fans.

Do you understand?

9. Chris in London

Chris in London

Stop milking it

10. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

That post lact any subtlety.

wahablue and Manc in London like this.