Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a crap night's sleep so only caught the 8.40 BBC sports news....eggchasing, cricket, tennis, dips, a few words from Walker on our 15 wins, bit of other male football and that was that.

Did our ladies from the wonderfully diverse BBC get a name check earlier?

There are two very good articles on the MEN website today, one about Anelka and one about the no fans win at Millwall under Keegan, both worth a read

Also a big article about the shredded wheat headed granny shaggers goal against City on the City side of the MUen too.
Its a fucking joke of a paper but the articles about Millwall and Anelka worth a read

See Pep chose to respond to media criticisms about being a "chequebook manager." Good for him with his answers...yet...

I was watching our last game (FA Cup v. Sweansea) broadcast here in the States on ESPN.

After we were up 3-0 dominating with the match commentors with little to discuss about the game itself, Taylor Twellman, the colour commentor, perhaps triggered by boredom thought it wise to create some interest in a game that was clearly over by raising questions about the validity of Pep's attributes as a manager under the guise of this critique.

He began musing with the return of cliche'd questions about whether Pep could manage a lower level side.

Pushing the idea through questions, that he would like to to see if Pep could do what he does at a lower level club without the money.

Suggesting this would be a true test of whether he was truly a great manager. We've heard this before, but not for at least a year. It's part of the deal for us, we all know as City fans.

We don't have the alleged "background" of Liverpool to some, and/or sized fanbase as other sides so it is the primary critique.

No one asks this of Real Madrid and whilst United can be critiqued, it's often portrayed under the cloak of xenophobia against those Yank owners ruining football, so the club, its "history" and reputation remain intact. Even criticisms at Liverpool and of course Arsenal are thrown in the same manner, so there's no real way to criticise the club itself.

We are not given the benefit of this "luxury."

The funny thing is every time this point about being a "chequebook manager" is made to jab at Pep no one ever considers how MANAGING a large squad of "big players" is a HIGHLY underrated skill that other "good" managers who can take a lower quality side and win more than normal may lack.

This bit has forever been the biggest flaw of the "chequebook manager" claim.

Zidane and even Ole also may have man management skills with with top players.

Yet, Pep is also a tactical icon. Go see Swansea's manager and how he worships him. In the pre-game on ESPN they referenced this. Do these other managers get such love? Hardly. Do they care if they "overachieved" with a lower level side? No, they want to observe, learn and emulate THE BEST.

The "questioning" of Pep's quality, frequently masked as asking if he can manage a weaker side, has always been been a false narrative as a result of this evidence, but it strikingly goes unchequed on the regular.

The man is a genius, a top human being from what I see and hear, and is a brave man to take the job with us and stay even after he has been ridiculed by the media since day 1 he joined because he's THAT good and has had some difficult spells.

I beyond appreciate the man for everything he has given us as fans, and every fan of the game.

Those seeking some kind of "narrative" to jab at him may not really be looking for a "story" but simply don't like City and what we represent.

He's going to be associated with that (if he took the job at United I HIGHLY doubt he would get the same criticism) and he has stayed with us and fought through the storm of ups and downs and for that I am appreciative and grateful.

The rest is just smoke or hot air, which always dissipates with time.
Who was the commentator? Spent the 1st half v Swansea (and during the 1st half rags v West Ham the night before) talking about a fish and chip shop outside Barnsley's ground.

Perhaps we should all quit our well paid jobs and go and work for charities with no resources, like the twat, lazy commentator at Swansea - he certainly should. I can't think of any managers who have done this

Also a big article about the shredded wheat headed granny shaggers goal against City on the City side of the MUen too.
Its a fucking joke of a paper but the articles about Millwall and Anelka worth a read
Surely the best article on there is the one were they sign Haaland on FM21 for Manure and simulate the season and City still win the league, now that has got to sting, bear in mind how many times did they try and simulate it to get the best result possible, in the end, they settled for 2nd and an FA cup win to crow about lol

Sad twats.

Last edited:
I only look at the rag section when they have suffered another ignominious defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.