Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike McGrath, the clueless ex-Sun clown now trolling for the Telegraph, now insisting City are ready to spend big on a striker this summer.
Kane? Haaland? Dybala?
No, he insists we are going all out for the red reject, flat track bully and ‘second touch is a tackle’ ultimate antithesis of a Pep player, Romelu Lukaku
A reminder that he was responsible for this work of genius only a couple of weeks ago

View attachment 8493
Fucking clown, stealing a fucking living.

I have always thought it was contrived by the media and fuelled by Ferguson. Liverpool v United was never as big as City/United when I was growing up in Manchester, not even close. There was a broader Manchester v Merseyside hooligan rivalry.
It changed when football went global and the Liverpool v United match is now the ultimate derby for the fanboys from Essex to Mumbai.
Don’t think entirely correct mate. I think united Liverpool was the bigger fixture in the 80’s, partly because we spent four seasons outside the First Division.

Is there a mass hysteria on here? It's like as though unless we are are being talked about positively it's time to sink into s depression.
A united Liverpool game is always going to be the game of the season. For the masses I'll add.

We are the most talked about club in world football the last decade. Good or bad.
We used to be the club from Manchester who did nothing.

We are top dog. Everything points to that.
It's slightly more nuanced than that I think LB?

For example Slabhead or Pogshite have a mare of a game and not once will their price tags be mentioned.

The Chelsea keeper has disappeared into the ether and not a peep from the pundits or media

We just don't seem to get that kind of latitude from media

Just had the displeasure of reading Jamie Jackson's musings on our game in the gonad. Spent most of it staying KdBs crosses were whipped in too fast, how a penalty was correctly not given etc. Last para he acknowledged it was an inspirational performance.

The poor lamb's hurting.

I read that we had the chance to go third after the Liverpool draw??

Ive also seen somewhere this morning that Liverpool fall a point behind Leicester on goal difference??

Theyll do anything to try and keep them relevant.

Imagine city had just picked up 3 points from Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle and United and hadnt scored in the last three games
Having been gifted longer breaks between games than anybody else...

Just had the displeasure of reading Jamie Jackson's musings on our game in the gonad. Spent most of it staying KdBs crosses were whipped in too fast, how a penalty was correctly not given etc. Last para he acknowledged it was an inspirational performance.

The poor lamb's hurting.
Apparently some of our crossing was ‘Sunday league standard’ according to the ‘Forest fan’ with a faker exaggerated Manc accent than Mitten

In today's Daily Mail, you'll find the first mention of City's game with Palace, 3/4 down the sports page, just after the more prominent article about a tennis player's girlfriend washing dishes in the bathroom sink while quarantined in Melbourne.

I have always thought it was contrived by the media and fuelled by Ferguson. Liverpool v United was never as big as City/United when I was growing up in Manchester, not even close. There was a broader Manchester v Merseyside hooligan rivalry.
It changed when football went global and the Liverpool v United match is now the ultimate derby for the fanboys from Essex to Mumbai.
It wasn't long ago that tarquin fans were taking a copycat view from the medias nonsense that the rags/dippers game was the biggest derby in the north west that Spurs were no longer their biggest game.
I think Spurs fans would probably agree with them now.
Yesterday's over hyped bore fest isn't a derby, whatever they claim, but would they claim a Tranmere/rags cup game was a derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.