Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOUR COMPLAINT:

BBC Compliant BIAS, I doubt much will come back but all helps.

Why do you commentate on Man City and each game you show live make a reference to how much a player costs? Stangely enough Sky and BT do the same, almost like a media agenda. You also compare the cost of said defense being more than another team with Man City. You NEVER do this with other teams, but you ALWAYS do with Man City, I was just wondering why? It took you just 5 mins 42 seconds in the City game, all fans have cotton onto this ages ago. Why didn't you mention 90 mill VVD was injured in the Man Utd v Liverpool game? Why didn't you quote Pogba cost more than the Liverpool defence? The beauty was Cavani used his "experience" to win a free kick, not "That wasn't a free kick, he played that" like Danny Murphy mentioned against Man City 1 day before. This is coming from ex footballers! Shocking, absolute rubbish from the BBC and commentators. I feel the BBC need an audiance and you are playing to that. Absolute rubbish, garbish. I'd love to hear your reply! 

----------

Thank you again for contacting us,

BBC Complaints Team

11 articles in the Daily United after the United v Liverpool match.

5 articles about Fernandes, including those 4 together.

Even the normally level headed, unbiased, and sensible Martin Samuel is losing the plot.

MARTIN SAMUEL: After Leipzig and Man City defeats, Manchester United have finally won a 'cup final' this season at the third time of asking... while Liverpool look understandably tired after completing feats of endurance for three years​

1611533995769.jpeg

Thanks for the response. If, as you say, you spend a lot of time listening to TalkSport, as I do, how can you not form an opinion of bias to certain clubs and an agenda to others, not just City?

I made a short trip in the car the other day and was interested to hear that Darren Bent had interviewed Jack Harrison. I thought I’d wait to listen in and it turned out to be a very open and honest interview where Harrison came across very well. However, what was noticeable was any mention of his parent club or even a question of whether Jack would be aiming to come back and fight for the first team. There was mention of Liverpool and United (within context) but you’d have thought that Bent would ask the big question of ‘Have you got the confidence to fight for a place at City?’.

Like quite a bit on TalkSport, it is very United/Liverpool orientated, to be expected of a commercial enterprise, but it’s quite obvious that they use City as a vehicle to drive ‘hate’ clicks from those we now compete against.
Turned my TV on a few days ago, just to find out the time in the early hours. TV was tuned to TalkSport, Alan Brazil programme was about to start and they were giving the time slots when guests were appearing....

"...and at 8 o'clock we've got ex-West Ham and Blackpool winger, Trevor Sinclair..."

Like I said, only listened for about 10 seconds, but thought that description a little odd. Obviously he's had a few clubs and they couldn't name them all, but still. Strange.

Turned my TV on a few days ago, just to find out the time in the early hours. TV was tuned to TalkSport, Alan Brazil programme was about to start and they were giving the time slots when guests were appearing....

"...and at 8 o'clock we've got ex-West Ham and Blackpool winger, Trevor Sinclair..."

Like I said, only listened for about 10 seconds, but thought that description a little odd. Obviously he's had a few clubs and they couldn't name them all, but still. Strange.
We all know if it was Trevor Sinclair drunk driving or Trevor Sinclair gives a full brothel COVID which of his ex clubs would be named.

How many more do we need with Scouse connections, it’s like it’s a pre requisite for getting a commentating or pundit job , fucking pathetic , what has Steven Warnock ever achieved in the game that makes him an expert pundit ?
Exactly, although not sure which is worse listening to cretins like him or to seasoned pros like Plug,Keane,Savage,Spit,Owen, DFMills, McPointalot etc. I'm just thankful I have the NBC team to listen to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.