Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
just had talkshite on i know i was in car both presenters on afternoon show hoping PSG go all the way and win it, there must be any english clubs still in with a shout
probably the same people that used to patronise the rest of us in pubs across the country when the rags used to be in the CL with "surely you want an english club to do well ?"

Now you've taught me, l will suck some eggs.;)
Can l throw in Arsenal and being 4-0 down after less than 20 minutes? That sticks in my mind not just for their dominating us but also for the cheerful gallows humour, throughout most of the march.
Another one to mention Gullit for Chelsea one match when he made the side of the pitch next to the Main Stand his own personal fiefdom.
I remember this game. We started singing 'can we play you every week' IIRC. Later on that same season, I think, Pompey got a right thumping off Arsenal too. Their fans reacted in the same way. Press at the time were all over it and praised them for their sporting behaviour. It really pissed me off because we hadn't got a mention when we had reacted in the same manner. Perhaps we were being ignored even then.

I remember this game. We started singing 'can we play you every week' IIRC. Later on that same season, I think, Pompey got a right thumping off Arsenal too. Their fans reacted in the same way. Press at the time were all over it and praised them for their sporting behaviour. It really pissed me off because we hadn't got a mention when we had reacted in the same manner. Perhaps we were being ignored even then.
Didn't know that about Pompey but they were popular with the media because of that posh bloke who dressed like Screaming Lord Sutch and the one with that big bass drum.
Another thing the media missed was the great spontaneous applause we got from the Sunderland fans.after we won the LC.

Bang on mate, I find it really poor and disappointing that the vast majority of the British media want us to go out of the champs league, no matter who it's against just knock City out. It wouldn't happen for any other British side and that's a fact. It really would be a breath of fresh air if just a couple of the twats could admire our football and give Pep a bit of credit he deserves, instead of this constant sneering and bitterness
Anyone heard of Flo Lloyd Hughes?
Just heard Florence say we are unlikable enough without the two incidents against Dortmund making us even more unlikable. Perhaps Pep should visit the red top clubs to learn the secrets of fair play, but she is a Guardian freelance, so I suspect I shouldn't expect anything else.

Now you've taught me, l will suck some eggs.;)
Can l throw in Arsenal and being 4-0 down after less than 20 minutes? That sticks in my mind not just for their dominating us but also for the cheerful gallows humour, throughout most of the march.
Another one to mention Gullit for Chelsea one match when he made the side of the pitch next to the Main Stand his own personal fiefdom.
To be fair, it was a treat to see a team play at that level - they were brilliant.

I'm sure that's how it feels for the rest of the league now...........

To be fair, it was a treat to see a team play at that level - they were brilliant.

There's no sporting losers anymore, only spoiled brats and the press have cultivated that response to City's dominance.

Who was it who sang: "You're nothing special, we lose every week", at the Etihad again though?

IfIIRC Henry wasn't playing in the starting lineup and when he came on he was greeted by 'Who the F..ing hell are you?'.
Another time at Arsenal just after Seamon had cocked up playing for Arsenal and all the City fans were singing 'let's all do a Seamon' and doing a floppy 'dance. At the end he turned round and gave us a round of applause.
That sort of rapport with players has gone but l can look at the table and not worry too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.