Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"former Culture Secretary Karen Bradley said: 'It is utterly unacceptable and disgraceful that fans booed Prince William. I would urge the FA to take all necessary action and pursue those responsible."

I wasn't aware Booing was now somehow illegal in the UK.
No mention of illegality in that quote and the FA have no say as to what is legal or illegal.

Apparently Karen Bradley is a City supporter but it is still not an offence to boo any member of the Royal Family. Bricking our coach in 2018 however......

No mention of illegality in that quote and the FA have no say as to what is legal or illegal.
True, but the inference was (from a member of parliament) that these people must be sought out and punished.
Maybe she needs reminding that Booing is every citizens right in the UK whether she likes it or not.

It's not the dark ages.....or is it ?

Outrage from Tories that any person in England could fail to show anything but respect for the Royal Family and the Queen in particular.
Perhaps their anger would carry more currency if members of their establishment had not partied on the eve of the ex-Kings funeral at the home of government.
Pot, kettle, black.

True, but the inference was (from a member of parliament) that these people must be sought out and punished.
Maybe she needs reminding that Booing is every citizens right in the UK whether she likes it or not.

It's not the dark ages.....or is it ?
I think in the dark ages the mob preferred burning or killing to booing.......... on second thoughts we may be heading that way. To be fair the inference I got was that the FA should take action rather than the legal system.

I think in the dark ages the mob preferred burning or killing to booing.......... on second thoughts we may be heading that way. To be fair the inference I got was that the FA should take action rather than the legal system.
That's the inference I got, but what action ? ...how can you "take action" (as recommended by an MP), against people who are doing absolutely nothing wrong... What power have the FA got to stop people booing at the Prince Of Wales ?

It's complete nonsense.
It's perfectly ok to Boo the PM or leader of the opposition, but not an unelected member of the Royal Family.

Last edited:
That's the inference I got, but what action ? ...how can you "take action" (as recommended by an MP), against people who are doing absolutely nothing wrong... What power have the FA got to stop people booing at the Prince Of Wales ?

It's complete nonsense.
It's perfectly ok to Boo the PM or leader of the opposition, but not an unelected member of the Royal Family.
I have no idea what action, it's political posing imo. It is nonsense, it is not illegal and it seems freedom of expression is now considered as, "if it is not illegal, anything is ok." Some still use discretion in there actions, it seems more and more don't.

I have no idea what action, it's political posing imo. It is nonsense, it is not illegal and it seems freedom of expression is now considered as, "if it is not illegal, anything is ok." Some still use discretion in there actions, it seems more and more don't.
Booing is essentially the personification of the twitter/facebook keyboard warriors in an anonymous, tribal form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.