Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
France's Interior Minister has defended how police handled Saturday's Champions League final in Paris which saw some Liverpool fans being tear gassed.

Gérald Darmanin said the event could clearly have been handled better but that enough police were at the game.

Of the two sets of supporters, Real Madrid and Liverpool, he said only the English club's fans posed problems.

But behind the scenes, French media have said the president is furious with Mr Darmanin's response. And satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaîné said the president had found the events outside the Stade de France "shameful" and "unworthy of France".

Footballing sources told AFP that 2,800 fake tickets were detected at the stadium gates, while the French Football Federation alleged that some 35,000 people had shown up with fake tickets or with no tickets at all, causing disorder by blocking the gates.

Mathieu Valet, a spokesman for France's independent police commissioner's union (SICP) told the BBC that it was not fake tickets or ticketless supporters who were the main problem: "It's clear that we needed more police - we didn't have enough on the ground."

On a lighter note.

You may have missed something Isabel, even though you're apparently a Journalist working for one of the biggest UK (online) papers.

I don't know if you know or not, but Manchester City have signed Haaland and Alvarez, with another 2 players promised by Khaldoon.

Now go and shove your Liverpool and Klopp PR article where the Sun doesn't shine.

F9718724-746-B-4-FC6-B26-A-E5043725-F9-C0.jpg

France's Interior Minister has defended how police handled Saturday's Champions League final in Paris which saw some Liverpool fans being tear gassed.

Gérald Darmanin said the event could clearly have been handled better but that enough police were at the game.

Of the two sets of supporters, Real Madrid and Liverpool, he said only the English club's fans posed problems.

But behind the scenes, French media have said the president is furious with Mr Darmanin's response. And satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaîné said the president had found the events outside the Stade de France "shameful" and "unworthy of France".

Footballing sources told AFP that 2,800 fake tickets were detected at the stadium gates, while the French Football Federation alleged that some 35,000 people had shown up with fake tickets or with no tickets at all, causing disorder by blocking the gates.

Mathieu Valet, a spokesman for France's independent police commissioner's union (SICP) told the BBC that it was not fake tickets or ticketless supporters who were the main problem: "It's clear that we needed more police - we didn't have enough on the ground."

On a lighter note.

You may have missed something Isabel, even though you're apparently a Journalist working for one of the biggest UK (online) papers.

I don't know if you know or not, but Manchester City have signed Haaland and Alvarez, with another 2 players promised by Khaldoon.

Now go and shove your Liverpool and Klopp PR article where the Sun doesn't shine.

F9718724-746-B-4-FC6-B26-A-E5043725-F9-C0.jpg
Hahahaha the planning is well under way !!
Some kid signed and they're losing Salah and Mane....Midfield will be OAP's soon LMAO !!
But it's ok, we spent 7.7 million on a prospect.

what really pizzes me off is how everyone lumps us and snoozepool together..The Two best teams of the modern era..The two teams to beat..the two dominant forces..etc..Well hang on a minute.Shankly himself said something like "there's winners and then there's the rest"..So Liverpool are just part of the rest.. City are winners end of. Oh and everytime i listen to onuoha, hes really negative about City and hes supposed to be an ambassador. Listen beneath the surface and its all negative. People say he speaks slowly and eloquently but thats to give him time to think..Hes very passive aggressive re City and taking money of us..I reckon he justifies it by remembering how we treated him and his mother..Listen carefully it sounds positive but it really isnt.

what really pizzes me off is how everyone lumps us and snoozepool together..The Two best teams of the modern era..The two teams to beat..the two dominant forces..etc..Well hang on a minute.Shankly himself said something like "there's winners and then there's the rest"..So Liverpool are just part of the rest.. City are winners end of. Oh and everytime i listen to onuoha, hes really negative about City and hes supposed to be an ambassador. Listen beneath the surface and its all negative. People say he speaks slowly and eloquently but thats to give him time to think..Hes very passive aggressive re City and taking money of us..I reckon he justifies it by remembering how we treated him and his mother..Listen carefully it sounds positive but it really isnt.
Think you may need to sleep it off mate. Nedum speaks intelligently about football matters and City. I would not say he’s in the slightest bit “negative” about City at all. He’s one of the best special comments guys out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.