Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read this quite frankly bizarre article from Jamie Jackson today? I'm not sure if it's meant as satire, or if he's actually just jumped the shark.

He criticises Guardiola for both dropping and then playing Stones, Laporte, Sterling and Bernado.

Criticises Pep for not dropping Laporte for Stones this season, despite Stones not being fit and Laporte not conceding a goal all season.

Claims that Cancelo played his best football from left back last season (he absolutely did not) and criticised Pep for playing Zinchenko in the CL final (despite our far superior record of playing Zinc at left back)

He also called Bernado's inclusion in the CL Final as "bizarre", despite the fact he started pretty much every game of our 14 game winning run up to the final.

You really have to read the full article to believe how misinformed it is. Completely bizarre, to the extent that it almost feels like some kind of post-modern fake news parody.
Once I expected journalists to behave rationally and somewhat objectively. Now I realise they are playing to their gallery. It would not surprise me if their renumeration is linked to clicks, or comments associated with their articles.

Has anyone read this quite frankly bizarre article from Jamie Jackson today? I'm not sure if it's meant as satire, or if he's actually just jumped the shark.

He criticises Guardiola for both dropping and then playing Stones, Laporte, Sterling and Bernado.

Criticises Pep for not dropping Laporte for Stones this season, despite Stones not being fit and Laporte not conceding a goal all season.

Claims that Cancelo played his best football from left back last season (he absolutely did not) and criticised Pep for playing Zinchenko in the CL final (despite our far superior record of playing Zinc at left back)

He also called Bernado's inclusion in the CL Final as "bizarre", despite the fact he started pretty much every game of our 14 game winning run up to the final.

You really have to read the full article to believe how misinformed it is. Completely bizarre, to the extent that it almost feels like some kind of post-modern fake news parody.
I notice they're not allowing comments on that article!

It has always happened however online discourse forming echo chambers of similar opinions has made it worse. People in the past wouldnt generally form these echo chambers as they didnt form outside certain social groups / events / regions, peoples opinions were generally shaped by the collective human thought which is overall a rational mind.

People would mix and share different opinions in everyday life which would clash and generally the extreme ends of an opinion would get removed by rational thought of the masses and a fairer consensus would form from the group think, with the majority of either extreme being brought into the main consensus (still with bias but with less illogical thought).

However nowadays these more extreme opinions can form bubbles on social media where they can now find other like minded people who can spout anything unchallenged, reinforcing illogical beliefs as they are not being challenged by the rational mind of humanity, these groups can then grow as they become a loud minority in certain areas of the internet/websites.

These echo chambers are inherently less logical so leads to people not thinking for themselves, as to believe certain things you have to ignore the obvious staring you in the face and not challenge/justify your own beliefs, so people in these groups will believe almost anything if it conforms to what the echo chamber wants to believe even if logically it makes no sense.
Were you thinking of the WhatsApp group when you wrote that?

I will keep saying, if you keep on sharing articles etc on here then all you're doing is what the journalists and papers want - clicks and views.

They know that happy football fans don't share articles half as much as angry and pissed off football fans.

Don't let them manipulate you into sharing their articles.

To be fair, Old Trafford has been a graveyard for many good players. Remember Gary Birtles anyone? He looked a world beater at Forest before and after he played for United. More recently Memphis Depay is a good example of a excellent player wasted at United.

Ibrahimovic.
Falcao.
Sanchez.
Di Maria.

And many more.

Mail with another negative slant today

“pep is rowing with fans, players off colour and injuries mounting”.

Honestly can’t remember the last positive article from this chip wrapper.

Meanwhile back in media city everyone is twiddling their thumbs and shrugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.