Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Liew calling Pep a racist. Honestly he’s the absolute worst. I think I’d have to leave any room he was in for fear of slapping him into the next millenium.

View attachment 70762

Your Spanish must better than most on here, do you know what Roberto Carlos and Pep actually said? There’s videos of the clips doing the rounds on twitter and I just don’t trust Liew to translate it accurately.

I think the really egregious part is that he uses the phrase “most harrowing moments” when it’s my understanding Carlos was speaking in a documentary months after the game and basically called all Barca fans racist, to which Pep insensitively responded he didn’t know enough about Barcelona fans to speak and should shut up and not tar them all with the same brush.

It was not a great reaction from Pep, misses the wood for the trees when someone insults his club and (because he is a Barca fan) him - but it certainly wasn’t said in the “most harrowing moment” immediately after Roberto Carlos was racially abused or when Carlos needed support.

So it seems like he’s not just bent over backwards to include Guardiola, he’s completely misrepresented the events and timeline of 1997.

Last edited:
Kyle Walker in the studio for Sheffield United vs. Spurs, he played for both so can see why .it will be interesting to see how he does.

Jonathan Liew calling Pep a racist. Honestly he’s the absolute worst. I think I’d have to leave any room he was in for fear of slapping him into the next millenium.

View attachment 70762

He’s one of those that doesn’t even really like football. He’s just a little woman. Imagine how obsessed you’d have to be to go looking and even think of that quote.

McCoist was decent,the paranoia on here is off the scale at times

McCoist was routing for the under dog, quite natural really & I don’t have a problem with it. He did let bias creep into tackles & fouls I.e that’s a pen & then saying nothing in it when fouls against ours.

I think what’s changed is McCoist was a breath of fresh air when commentating up until a few months ago. As you say he did change his opinion when a replay was shown at times.

I think Matterface talks shit & that doesn’t help.

McCoist was routing for the under dog, quite natural really & I don’t have a problem with it. He did let bias creep into tackles & fouls I.e that’s a pen & then saying nothing in it when fouls against ours.

I think what’s changed is McCoist was a breath of fresh air when commentating up until a few months ago. As you say he did change his opinion when a replay was shown at times.

I think Matterface talks shit & that doesn’t help.
Do you mean the same matterface when city won the league cup saying "its a tinpot trophy" jibe on talkshite

Just waiting for ITV to mention United’s £300m+ bench tonight ??? Strangely silent on that one
I tried to value our bench last night after Doesn'tmatrerface made his comments and struggled to get over £200m but why let the truth get in the way. I was waiting for any valuation on the rag bench tonight but decided to watch City EDS at Bramhall Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.