Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem isn't what you put in the numerator, it is the relevance of the denominator. We have had, what, 40 clubs in the PL in the last ten years? How many of them have actually won a trophy? 8? 10 maybe? So you will be comparing the performance of the remaining, say, 30 purely on the basis of the amount spent. So Hull, say, would have been more successful than, say, Spurs. Or do you only compare clubs who have been in the PL for each of the last ten years, which weakens the analysis even further?

Interested in your reply but I won't be replying again, it's too boring for everyone, I imagine.
I agree, I think we analysts have over stayed our welcome.

I will say that I think we actually agree on most of this, but are talking about different benchmarks (each measuring different types of performance).

I think we probably need to disagree on this, but how many clubs have won one of the four trophies in the last ten years? Would be a pretty short list. With a very long list for those that haven't won any. Again, I don't see the statistical relevancy when most of the population are exceptions.
8. Wigan, Swansea, Leicester, Chelsea, Arsenal, rags, dippers and of course City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.