Medical emergency at United game

Been mentioned before but thought it was worth reiterating due to the conspiracies in here: have had it confirmed by a couple of people I know who sit down there (and a couple of reporters at the ground who spoke to ambulance staff afterwards) that a very drunk lad fell over during the celebrations for De Bruyne's second goal and banged his head. Needed to be taken to hospital but was apparently okay once he'd been checked over.

It's all getting a bit out of hand this stuff, isn't it? I remember a bloke being walked around the pitch on a wheeled stretcher at Wembley just after Dickov scored out cold with a drip in and 4/5 medical staff looking panicked.Nobody was really even surprised.

Everyone was trying to get the attention of the stewards but they were just staring blankly back unfortunately. One lad got thrown out for going over the barrier to try and get one of them at the front to act or call medical staff. Don't think anyone was expecting club doctor to come over
The lad who came over the barrier ran to the yellow coated steward in front of us shouting get a doctor and the medics came immediately. It looked as if her comms were down because they were examining them afterwards. It didn't look as if that lad was thrown out he was talking to a couple of the stewards and it seemed quite amicable.
If he was thrown out then a complaint needs to be made to the club.

“"It never happened before", becomes it happened all the time before.”

So it’s no different from at any other time but fans are now making the game stop and dragging doctors and physios from the dugouts instead of letting stewards and medical teams who are in stadiums for this very thing deal with it, and letting the game carry on!

Think it’s time we stopped stopping the game for these incidents. Sundays was a drunk lad passing out from being too pissed and banging his head. I wouldn’t want the game to stop for me if I got a pie thrown at me from behind and knocked me out.
All that matters is that people get the medical attention that is needed. I suspect you are right in that these things always happened but now when they do there is an expectation to stop the game.

It's all getting a bit out of hand this stuff, isn't it? I remember a bloke being walked around the pitch on a wheeled stretcher at Wembley just after Dickov scored out cold with a drip in and 4/5 medical staff looking panicked.Nobody was really even surprised.
You’re right. Banging your head is no reason to inconvenience 53000 people - it’s health and safety gone mad, we can’t always err on the side of caution.

How long before a fan (probably a fuckin dipper) has a “tactical medical emergency” when his team are under the cosh near the end of the game and he figures a nice break in play will help them get their legs back and give the manager a chance to reorganise things.

Everyone was trying to get the attention of the stewards but they were just staring blankly back unfortunately. One lad got thrown out for going over the barrier to try and get one of them at the front to act or call medical staff. Don't think anyone was expecting club doctor to come over

A lot of this has come from the incident at the Newcastle-Spurs game which was a genuine emergency. There was a lot of criticism at the time of how long it took for the defibrillator to be taken across by the medical teams on the bench (Dier was praised as being the one who went to go and collect it himself I think). As a result the medical teams from the clubs are now immediately on the way once things are brought to their attention. Now once they have left the dug outs to go into the crowd the game has to immediately stop as they then aren't in a position to help should anything happen with a player on the pitch.

Still nobody asking why more and more people dropping in stadiums, another at Liverpool last night.

Commentators just glossing over the insane amount by saying theyve procedures in place.

Still nobody asking why more and more people dropping in stadiums, another at Liverpool last night.

Commentators just glossing over the insane amount by saying theyve procedures in place.
Yes people have asked. The question has been answered many times. They aren't ,procedures have changed.

I've been attending football matches for decades and I've never known anything like this. Sure, very occasionally you would have a tragic incident because things like this sadly do happen, but multiple incidents every week? No chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.