meeting your heroes

bronco

i would like to tell you about on one of the most "surreal" happenings i have ever experienced , that occured last saturday evening , which i am sure will strike a chord with many city fans .

myself , my wife and son together with a few other family members went out for a meal with my parents to a local hotel in South Manchester . my dad (who is in his seventies ) was responsible for me being a city fan and ever since i can remember he has told me his hero was Bert Trautmann. Imagine how stunned both he and I were on saturday when we walked into the hotel bar and there was sat the great man himself .

My dad was like a 10 year old and after a few minutes asked me to approach Bert and ask him for a photo(with my dad) - this i did and am pleased to say he (bert) was the perfect gentleman , not only did my dad get his photo he spoke to Bert for several minutes and was even introduced to his daughter . My dads lifelong ambition was realised and it still seems like i dreamt it as i can,t quite believe it happened .

have any other city fans on here had a similar experience ?, i have personally met a great many city players/ managers over the years (including my own personal hero - the great colin bell ) but i cannot ever recall being as awe-struck as i was on saturday !

I read in the paper that he was in the country to visit Ken Barnes who is sadly in hospital at the moment. It's great to know that even after so many years he's the old players stay in touch with each other. Great bloke.

bronco said:
i would like to tell you about on one of the most "surreal" happenings i have ever experienced , that occured last saturday evening , which i am sure will strike a chord with many city fans .

myself , my wife and son together with a few other family members went out for a meal with my parents to a local hotel in South Manchester . my dad (who is in his seventies ) was responsible for me being a city fan and ever since i can remember he has told me his hero was Bert Trautmann. Imagine how stunned both he and I were on saturday when we walked into the hotel bar and there was sat the great man himself .

My dad was like a 10 year old and after a few minutes asked me to approach Bert and ask him for a photo(with my dad) - this i did and am pleased to say he (bert) was the perfect gentleman , not only did my dad get his photo he spoke to Bert for several minutes and was even introduced to his daughter . My dads lifelong ambition was realised and it still seems like i dreamt it as i can,t quite believe it happened .

have any other city fans on here had a similar experience ?, i have personally met a great many city players/ managers over the years (including my own personal hero - the great colin bell ) but i cannot ever recall being as awe-struck as i was on saturday !

Nice one mate. brilliant for your old man that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.