Mehdi Benatia

sam-caddick said:
Forzacitizens said:
The Ever reliable di marzio is saying we've made contact with his entourage but Roma won't let him go without a substantial offer

Now I am interested.

Roma are in the Champions League next season and I don't see them selling for anything less than 40m euros.

Makes you think we have moved on from Mangala though.

Or maybe playing him at his own game and showing interest elsewhere

I've watched mangala once v sevilla in the europa league semi 2nd leg and he was worse than shit……saying that we can all have a bad day at the office(kompany v pool)

pavelsrnicek said:
Forzacitizens said:
The Ever reliable di marzio is saying we've made contact with his entourage but Roma won't let him go without a substantial offer

The question is what us a substantial offer £25m, £30m more?

I think they paid £13m for him last year so they are likely to make a substantial profit

£30-40M

MillionDollarDream said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Forzacitizens said:

The question is what us a substantial offer £25m, £30m more?

I think they paid £13m for him last year so they are likely to make a substantial profit

£30-40M
Pretty sure it won't be more than £30m. He's 27, and they bought him for £10m last year. And, even though his season was exceptional, he hasn't had seasons like that previously. If I had to guess, I'd say a £25m bid (maybe £30m after add-ons) could be enough for them to sell.

DIMARZIO "After a stellar season for Roma, Mehdi Benatia is getting noticed by some of the biggest clubs in Europe. His goals and more importantly his stellar defending, where one of the main reasons for Roma’s impressive season. But now the giallorossi will have to do their best to keep him. Luis Enrique would like to acquire Benatia from his former club to bring him to Barcelona, he is seen as an alternative to David Luiz, at the moment it’s just an interest since Barca has yet to make an offer. Manchester City has however taken more concrete steps by contacting the player’s entourage. Roma doesn’t want to sell him, they would only consider an offer so high it would be impossible to refuse, in the meantime they gave Benatia a raise to show him he is at the center of their project, but the center back is being pursued by many clubs with deep pockets."

link; <a class="postlink" href="http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/manchester-city-is-pursuing-romas-benatia-while-barcelona/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciome ... barcelona/</a>

Roma clearly using Barca as an intimidation to up the anti on any offer. If Barca are interested think they'll get him over us - no matter what.
We'll see

Don't know if it has been mentioned already but apparently Benatia and Nasri are very good friends, and have known each other since they were very young. Being reported that the friendship could help us win his signature.

Would be a good signing I think, but certainly agree with many that Nastasic deserves his shot and will likely only get better.

celf said:
I've watched mangala once v sevilla in the europa league semi 2nd leg and he was worse than shit……saying that we can all have a bad day at the office(kompany v pool)

In the first leg he was outstanding and scored the winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.