Melancholy

Feel your pain.

im wondering if the pressure being off the blues can relax & fans find our voice again in the stands regardless of scores! Jesus we have had it much worse.

it’s time to repay pep & the team for the last few years it may make such a big difference with peps thoughts on staying.

we should celebrate the last few years and re group.

Yesterday’s defeat while painful will ultimate provide the catalyst to improve. After Newcastle there were serious concerns that the cycle of the current team has come to an end. Burnley suggested there was life in it yet. Yesterday shows we’re no longer capable of controlling the matches against better sides. Yes we’ll beat enough teams to compete for top 4 but not the title without an injection of new blood. The team needs an overhaul. Yes we’re missing Laporte, Sané and now Aguero but that doesn’t explain how poor we’ve been in most of the last few matches. Considering how we played early season compared to our current form it’s like a different team.

As for the current side, Silva can still do it but not consistently, Bernardo is still struggling for form. Angelino isn’t good enough against better sides. Stones’ injury issues will finish his City career sooner rather than later. Rodri still hasn’t fully got to grips with the Premier League. Jesus needs consistency, played well once in the last 3. Sterling, form has fallen off a cliff since Anfield.

We need to replace Silva, Kompany, one or both left backs, Bravo, probably Sané and prepare for the departures of Fernandinho and Aguero and we need to do it against the backdrop of Pep having 18 months left on his deal.

Some tough decisions ahead for Txiki and co but yesterday shows we have to start the overhaul in January.

My next door neighbours cats use to know when we have lost or dropped points needlessly. They wandered off sheepishly.
Yesterday they scampered rather quickly as they have not seen me so angry after having lost to that despicable shower from Trafford.

Blame in on a couple of beers, or the pitiful tactics, or the feeling Pep is looking elsewhere, or the crowd, or the violence or the prat embarrassing our club or Oliver doing our legs from 200 miles away, or the strange people in block 309 , or the shocking stewards .

But boy do I feel sad today.
Stay calm and listen to The Smiths

Work will be full of the twats crawling out of the woodwork making a special effort to engage in conversation. I remember when we used to feel such elation as winning a derby was all we had.

Feel better today after some reflection period about performance on and off the pitch, but how did we make those bang average twats look like well umm us in our pomp for half an hour!

Hope we start to see the end of the complacency that has set in over the last few years with a lot of the fans as well, pre match threads on pretty much any game tell you all you need to know - variants of we’ll smash em by (insert any number above 5) I’m not sure the hunger is there off the field anymore as we have set the bar so high in the last two seasons -

Hope we get them or the dippers in any cup game soon for a revenge match with KDB leading the team out with Foden behind him with that look in their eyes...

I have six brain tumors and they'be spread to my spine,about fifty of the bastards. Three years ago I needed an emergency brain op because the tumor on optic chasm pressed that hard that I went blind, surgery restored some sight but not enough to drive. A week after surgery I 'went off' and end of life care was being arranged. Last ditch effort was to put a shunt in and the lift started to go back to the top floor :) There's too much pathology for surgery to effect a cure, so I'm on chemo, so far I'be had thirty two cycles and all seems stable. Blue since '67 I'be' been fortunate to see a lot of both good and bad City. I feel blessed to have seen the beauty that the last two season's City-have given us, besets of the best.So,in context, yesterday fucking hurts deeply, I fucking hate getting beat by anyone but ?ester-day has left me more than a bit flat. CTID.

Wishing you all the best very pal, and thank you for putting the weekends result and our lifelong support of city into perspective. We all are and have been privileged to witness the past decade and especially the past two years, and also be excited about the future for our club. Like you I’ve been going to city since ‘67’ too. The doom and gloom mongers are like us all entitled to their opinions, we do love a good whinge, yes, it does piss me off when we get beat or play like we have been doing for most of the season, but every cloud has a blue lining. The players, staff and Pep included know what’s wrong, and perhaps Pep has been too arrogant for his own good for some of the on and off field decisions that he’s made, but, like you pal, I wouldn’t change anything for the world to have witnessed the past 50 years and the ups and mostly down of out typical city. God bless pal, look after yourself and once again best wishes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.