Melbourne City FC Thread

Thanks for the updates. I try to watch Mel C (I know that drives you crazy ) whenever I can and often they are pretty decent games ... for a while...

I get the impression that there's s lot less fans there who take themselves too seriously.

Hope the new manager is decent.

Thanks for the updates. I try to watch Mel C (I know that drives you crazy ) whenever I can and often they are pretty decent games ... for a while...

I get the impression that there's s lot less fans there who take themselves too seriously.

Hope the new manager is decent.

I guess there a nobs everywhere, because we've been very average since inception the more self righteous tend to drift away. As we've got better more nobheads have emerged I guess it's part of the course.

Not sure about Valkanis, at least he started with 4 at the back.

giphy.gif

This mans available...

Adelaide United away Thursday night 7.20 pm ko local Adelaide time.

After another week post JVS nothing has really happened apart from speculation on his replacement. Upto 60 applications have been sent in as possible contenders (as reported ) which is quite humorous. It's not the sort of position that gets filled by application, if CFG haven't contacted you then you'd think it's pretty much a wasted exercise. My gut feeling on all this is that CFG would have known months ago the situation and would have a strategy in place.

So back to the Adelaide game, Kilkenny out (accumulation of yellows) and Brandan back after suspension. So Kilkenny out will cause a shuffle in the holding mid role. Most likely Brattan will drop deeper or Malik may be used.
After another week it will be interesting to see what if anything Valkanis has tweaked. He has had a few pressers and sounds positive and a straight talker and seems to say the right things. Test will be after a few losses.
Adelaide have been horrible and being the defending champions sitting on the bottom with 1 win at the halfway point is a monumental fall to say the least. Having said that they have been in most games but have just failed to finish and have also had a disastrous injury list. The one thing I fear is that we have the potential to play them back into form.
I'm hoping for another tight game from the back (clean sheet preferably ) and a win.

Going to very hot mid 30s and surrounded by Adelaide bogans so won't be pleasant and far from easy.

Adelaide United away Thursday night 7.20 pm ko local Adelaide time.

After another week post JVS nothing has really happened apart from speculation on his replacement. Upto 60 applications have been sent in as possible contenders (as reported ) which is quite humorous. It's not the sort of position that gets filled by application, if CFG haven't contacted you then you'd think it's pretty much a wasted exercise. My gut feeling on all this is that CFG would have known months ago the situation and would have a strategy in place.

So back to the Adelaide game, Kilkenny out (accumulation of yellows) and Brandan back after suspension. So Kilkenny out will cause a shuffle in the holding mid role. Most likely Brattan will drop deeper or Malik may be used.
After another week it will be interesting to see what if anything Valkanis has tweaked. He has had a few pressers and sounds positive and a straight talker and seems to say the right things. Test will be after a few losses.
Adelaide have been horrible and being the defending champions sitting on the bottom with 1 win at the halfway point is a monumental fall to say the least. Having said that they have been in most games but have just failed to finish and have also had a disastrous injury list. The one thing I fear is that we have the potential to play them back into form.
I'm hoping for another tight game from the back (clean sheet preferably ) and a win.

Going to very hot mid 30s and surrounded by Adelaide bogans so won't be pleasant and far from easy.

Like the term Bogans,had to google it but very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.