Melbourne City FC Thread

Hodgson with his outdated coaching idea's, what a bad appointment he is to advise anyone

England's big hope to part-time assistant at Melbourne, no disrespect to Melbourne but it just shows how shit he is that he's ended up as an advisor there.

I really hope the idea isn't to put him in charge next season.

Game tonight our last home game for the season against Adelaide. Apart from being assessed by our new mentor this will be the first official competitive game to use VAR.

So I can expect bizarre lineup/formation and 3 or 4 penalties and at least 2 reds. Will be worth a watch just for laughs alone.

The club have released next seasons membership packages most are 10 to 15% increases which is outrageous considering what we are actually buying. (Basically a seat to watch a mediocre team 14 times a season without a coach and up to 10 unknown players).

So after tonight we got Perth away and a final then I'll be able to spend more time with wife. (A bad to worse situation ).

They are trialing video replays in a booth in the game today, all i can see is that they have bottled desicions.

The most worrying part is and this is more than relevant to us is the commentary team have just said the review team have notes on players who go down easily etc.

This sort of stuff would be done over here as well...... Impartial my arse.

Finished 1:0. Trademark header from Cahill. We were average at best vs a very very poor Adelaide. At the ground the VAR wasn't a factor not sure what it was like from the couch.

Going forward I really don't like our chances.
We've got Perth away Easter Sunday and without checking I'm pretty sure we haven't won there since early in the Heart days. I can remember 2 diabolical visits. More recently a semi final of the FFA cup and instead of playing a full strength side JVS in his wisdom through in a bunch of kids and we got humiliated.

Positives Jakobsen played 90 minutes looked a bit blowy but was value and if Ruon returns from sickness our defense is way improved. Kamau played well and Colazo had a good 45.

Watching and hoping a few results go our way and we could fluke a home final.

Anyway a win is a win is a win and the weekend is always better because so.

Well here it is, last home and away game of the season this Sunday night away to Perth.

After a season that promised so much and how we exploded in the first 3 or 4 games has really failed to live up to expectations.

A win and we finish third (best ever finishing position ) and secures a home final in the first week of finals and also a potential ACL playoff spot.

Got my fingers crossed for a result.

Happy Easter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.