Melbourne City FC Thread

Good luck to him. I feel its a bit harsh to judge on his time at Wigan. He inherited a team midway through the season on the way down, the other two managers did little better.

Cityvoice in Melbourne has been canned just wondering whether the same has happened in Manchester. It was poorly run and had very little support so ultimately it is probably for the best. A great initiative that failed to deliver.

Hi Heartman
Thank you for your participation on City Voice.

Over the past 15 months, the research community you’ve been a part of has helped Melbourne City FC understand things from the fans’ point of view. You’ve shared your views on your matchday experience, merchandise, membership options, email campaigns, and much more. By contributing to surveys, discussions, live chats and other activities on City Voice, you have helped the club make more informed decisions – therefore your views and opinions are highly valued and appreciated.

We have decided to discontinue City Voice at this stage, whilst we consider new ways to engage with fans. You will, however, still have opportunities to contribute to the club through regular club surveys.

As passionate supporters, the club highly value your opinions and we encourage you to take on any future opportunities to share your views with Melbourne City Football Club.

Good luck to him. I feel its a bit harsh to judge on his time at Wigan. He inherited a team midway through the season on the way down, the other two managers did little better.
Personally I'm not too sure about this appointment, an up and coming coach who hasn't achieved anything at senior level. He is saying the right things, but so did JVS, we have just got to see what happens now.
But there are two successful Melbourne coaches I would have rathered if I was honest;
Damian Mori, one of the first Aboriginal players to go overseas (briefly), coaches in the National Premier League (tier beneath the A league) he has won the last 6 titles, must be doing something right.
Arthur Papas another Melbourne coach, playing career got cut short by injuries, has the full KNVB (Dutch) badges, AFC badges, FFA badges, science in sport and fitness. Won about 4-5 NPL titles, coached overseas clubs and has been an assistant to some well profiled coaches.
At least these guys are from Melbourne and have had success, that's what we need, to bring in a successful mentality, not sure on the hire the guy because he comes from overseas thing, unless he can deliver and is proven, I personally would rather a local with proven success.
But the fella is hired, got to back him atm, but to be honest, I'm not comfortable.

First game tomorrow night. Round of 32 in the FFA. Away to Peninsula Power.

It's been a relatively low key off season so far. Apart from Joyce no real big signings. Galekovic in goals is decent replacement for Sorensen. Jamieson at left back and La Rocca as CB (assuming he also can play holding mid) are all seasoned capable players. And Mauk returns after failing in Netherlands.

We have lost Caceras and Franjic. We still need in my view 2 players. An attacking mid a proper number 10 another right back that can play centre back.

New kit released. Home is sky (city) blue and away the heart red with white stripes. Not too fussed about kits/colours but they both look pretty good.

0:2 win away to Peninsula Power. Was always going to be a tough game and a massive banana skin game. Team played reasonably well considering at what stage of the preseason we are at but nothing to chirp about.

Into the final 8 of the FFA Cup. Have been drawn Sydney FC (replay of last season final).

Fornaroli has been injured, ankle requires surgery and will miss weeks.

Good time of the year for it to happen I guess.

Probably. You never want to see your best player out injured but now is probably the most preferred time.

It does open the door for a couple of the youngsters. Namely Crowley who really hasn't had a sniff and obviously Cahill is still quality.

Just waiting for the final signing we desperately need an attacking midfielder/playmaker.

Out of the cup without putting up much of a fight.

Sydney didn't get out of second gear but still showed a mile more fight, effort, skill and class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.