Melbourne City FC Thread

Take a win. 0:2 away to Adelaide is always a great result regardless of how poor they were. The problem is though that it seems the club is making some decisions that are alienating a big section of the supporter base.

2 big issues are firstly the Joyce is going about running the team. It appears that Fornaroli could be on his way and on the surface why would anyone be upset about a player transfer? Fornaroli is probably the best ever player CFG have signed. He is entering his 4th season and has played around 70 games and scored around 50 goals and leaves nothing each match. The major reason given for his isolation has been that he has been lacking commitment. And only judging by what happens on gameday I call this complete b.s.. Now he is the latest of many senior starting players that have been axed by Joyce and a lot of the city fans I talk to are fed up.

Secondly and it may also seem trivial but the club had run a fan based scarf design competition which normally is fun and a good way to engage but it's come out that the colours to be used needed to have navy blue integrated. Not only does that colour have no connection to Melbourne city or Heart but it is the main colours or our rivals. The Melburnians the main active supporter group has announced it's disbanding and cited the scarf issue as a major reason.

We play the derby this Saturday night and I fear the worst.

Seems to me that the discontent is as high as it's been since the change of kit.

Joyce isn't helping, and over the past few years most of the fan favourites have gone.

There's no discernable style of play any more and the communication between club and supporters isnt great.

I think there needs to be a shake up off the pitch. The club just doesn't seem to be moving forward, and I don't think it would take too much of an effort to get the supporters feeling more a part of the club.

I was at the game in Adelaide the other night and the gallows humour reminded me a lot of our City pre takeover. But by now the Melbourne City supporters really should be seeing a bit more of the benefits of the takeover than they are.

As a Mancunian who watches on tv if I'm available losing the best player in the last few years (Mooy) was a big disappointment, others signed by City and sent out on loan to Celtic doesn't help either.

Freezing out the best forward/player there by a mile isn't going to help either.

Hopefully it picks up for the Victory game at the weekend.

Derby tonight.

I normally suggest anyone that has some spare time it generally produces a decent game.

I'm less optimistic tonight. We have been playing a very slow cautious and uninspiring style and have struggled to score. In fact we have struggled to shoot alternatively the other team has been bold and attacking and scoring freely.

Derbys generally even things out so I'm hoping we play above ourselves and in spite of the clear directions of the manager and the other team stink it up and we might get luckily.

Hoping for the best fearing the worst.

Merry Christmas all and hopefully Santa has something special for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.