Melbourne City FC Thread

I've been a nervous wreck last few games just waiting for our in built ability to choke.

Last night was exactly the game we would just not turn up and display a level of mediocre insipidness that turns most to hard stuff.

Even with the comical situation that our coach missed the game and probably the next after undergoing surgery for an achilles injury he picked up in charity game last week couldn't disrupt our run.

This is the best we've ever been, all players are playing superbly we have 3 young blokes fully capable of playing and some would argue are upgrades, we have a couple starting players out with injury but still across all positions we look imense.

We are potentially 2 to 3 wins away from the title and I am nothing but nerves.

Another test Sunday home to Brisbane, fingers crossed.

We are potentially 2 to 3 wins away from the title and I am nothing but nerves.
By my reckoning you only need 4 points max, unless I'm missing something ?

The 2 below can't beat you on points, they can only get 38 and 37, and Adelaide can only get 40, nobody is catching you on GD.

A win against Brisbane and it's done, as they can then only get 39 and you'd be on 41.

By my reckoning you only need 4 points max, unless I'm missing something ?

The 2 below can't beat you on points, they can only get 38 and 37, and Adelaide can only get 40, nobody is catching you on GD.

A win against Brisbane and it's done, as they can then only get 39 and you'd be on 41.
26 game season I think. So still 6 or 7 games left for most.

Sounds like I am missing something then, as there are only 12 teams, so would be 22 games if it was just home and away.
From Wiki:Seasons run from October to May and include a 26-round regular season followed by a Finals Series playoff involving the six highest-placed teams, culminating in a grand final match. The winner of the regular season tournament is dubbed the 'Premier' while the winner of the grand final is the season's 'Champion'.

Sounds like I am missing something then, as there are only 12 teams, so would be 22 games if it was just home and away.
I know there's another Derby in the last game of the year so it's not just home and away. Not sure how the do the fixtures for those extra games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.