Melbourne City FC Thread

We had 8 or 9 internationals leave in the off season mostly to Europe and they have been replaced with youngsters.

Not watched them for a bit, have to say they are Playing a lot better than last time I watched them. There second goal was superb.

If you have time pre-game, any idea what's happened to the ladies team?

They seemed to win every week but I've just noticed they're really struggling.

Just interested that as City ladies are flying Melbourne's are going the other way.

Didn't have time the other day to respond.

Below is the squad from last seasons grand final winning squad and the teams they are currently.

We have some come in but predominantly we are playing kids.

GK1 Lydia Williams Arsenal
DF3 Lauren Barnes Kristianstads
DF15 Emma Checker Melbourne City
DF13 Rebekah Stott Brighton hove albion
MF21 Ellie Carpenter Olympique Lyonnias
MF7 Stephanie Catley (c) Arsenal
MF6 Aivi Luik Sevilla
MF2 Yukari Kinga 67 Orca Kamagawa
FW10 Emily van Egmond West Ham
FW9 Claire Emslie Everton
FW17 Kyah Simon85' PSV

Substitutes:
GK23 Melissa Barbieri Melbourne City player and assistant coach
MF19 Tyla-Jay Vlajnic Melbourne City
MF20 Milica Mijatovic 67' BK Hacken
DF11 Rhali Dobson Melbourne City
FW22 Ally Watt 85' OL Reign

Manager: Rado Vidosic

Didn't have time the other day to respond.

Below is the squad from last seasons grand final winning squad and the teams they are currently.

We have some come in but predominantly we are playing kids.

GK1 Lydia Williams Arsenal
DF3 Lauren Barnes Kristianstads
DF15 Emma Checker Melbourne City
DF13 Rebekah Stott Brighton hove albion
MF21 Ellie Carpenter Olympique Lyonnias
MF7 Stephanie Catley (c) Arsenal
MF6 Aivi Luik Sevilla
MF2 Yukari Kinga 67 Orca Kamagawa
FW10 Emily van Egmond West Ham
FW9 Claire Emslie Everton
FW17 Kyah Simon85' PSV

Substitutes:
GK23 Melissa Barbieri Melbourne City player and assistant coach
MF19 Tyla-Jay Vlajnic Melbourne City
MF20 Milica Mijatovic 67' BK Hacken
DF11 Rhali Dobson Melbourne City
FW22 Ally Watt 85' OL Reign

Manager: Rado Vidosic
Thanks for your reply.

I like to try and watch as many of the CFG and related teams as I can from around the world. Always adds a little more spice to the game.

Assuming most of them are very good players and CFG are funding the team I'm surprised so many left.

Is there a salary cap in Australia? Is it just they were all cherry picked or trouble behind the scenes.

The game in this country is basically a fringe sport. Add that a 12 game female season and you kind of see where its at.

Having said that Melbourne City transformed the game here and actually started paying the girls a decent coin, compared to previously.

Previously the better players would play 8/9 months in U.S and then top up here, we had some amazing players.

Then the European leagues starting taking female soccer seriously and now the elite players sign proper deals predominantly in U.K.

We basically had a Matildas team with 2 or 3 foreign players.

Now that has opened the door for many younger talented girls the chance that would have previously not been ready.

The Matildas are in top 5 in the world and now most are playing all year round at the 1 club at the highest level. We are hosting the WC in 23 and if i was a gambler I'd put something on at minimum top 4. And most of the squad would have previously been Melbourne City players.

Oops I forgot to post pre game.

Just finished a wet but enjoyable evening. 2:0 win to top team Central Coast Mariners.

Back home Friday night to Wanderers, continuing to play some really nice stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.