Melbourne City FC Thread

The home strip looks really nice I'd have it as our away strip in a heartbeat.

The away kit (i'm aware of the need/history for red) is awful, it looks like a shit 80's throwback. If going for that sort of style it should be like a Fyenoord strip.

Well that's just pure Melbourne City. Completely out coached and clueless with no alternative plan. Acheived a new low 65% possession and not 1 shot in 94 minutes.

Really depressing.

Back again. This week is Thursday night game. Not sure of the logic of a Thursday night. Midweek Football is basically unpopular. It's not as if the Weekend is over saturated with other games 4 other fixtures per week. The Marquee games are Friday night followed by Saturday night. So the logic of a Thursday night is totally dumbfounding.
Anyway it is was is.
Brattan is out, been called into socceroos camp due to a couple injuries. Probably Caceras or Retre will fill in. I'm hoping Caceras, Retre was pretty ineffective last week.
My hope is Bouzanis gets dropped and Sorensen is brought back.

Anyway who knows what City will turn up hopefully the Brisbane performance was an aberration and not a trend that we all know too well.
Anything above 8k will be surprising and we should win.

Back again. This week is Thursday night game. Not sure of the logic of a Thursday night. Midweek Football is basically unpopular. It's not as if the Weekend is over saturated with other games 4 other fixtures per week. The Marquee games are Friday night followed by Saturday night. So the logic of a Thursday night is totally dumbfounding.
Anyway it is was is.
Brattan is out, been called into socceroos camp due to a couple injuries. Probably Caceras or Retre will fill in. I'm hoping Caceras, Retre was pretty ineffective last week.
My hope is Bouzanis gets dropped and Sorensen is brought back.

Anyway who knows what City will turn up hopefully the Brisbane performance was an aberration and not a trend that we all know too well.
Anything above 8k will be surprising and we should win.

Give me Saturday or Sunday games any day. When Melbourne City play on any other day, I can't watch as I'm at work.

Being perceived as entertaining and having quality players we have been given alot of Friday night games. Also the Cahill effect has also been a factor.
Last Friday night Roar had a crowd of 20k they normally get 10k to 15k. Brisbane really marketed heavily throughout the week Cahill coming to town.
I personally prefer Sunday afternoons.

2:1 win. Fornaroli with 2 quality finishes. We played well for the first 30 minutes and pretty average for the last 60.

Will take the win but against a more dangerous side we would have been punished. Good to see Franjic get through 90 minutes but Cahill was very ineffective.

A win is a win is a win.

2:1 win. Fornaroli with 2 quality finishes. We played well for the first 30 minutes and pretty average for the last 60.

Will take the win but against a more dangerous side we would have been punished. Good to see Franjic get through 90 minutes but Cahill was very ineffective.

A win is a win is a win.

But maybe you might have played better against more dangerous sides.

A win is a win is a win.

Kicking off the second half with 12 players on the pitch helped, too...

Kicking off the second half with 12 players on the pitch helped, too...
We didn't start with 12. Could be an idea in the future.
When the genius finally decided to make a sub in the 85th minute I can only assume to ice the clock he decided to make a double sub. Only issue was the second player( Cahill) didn't come off straight away was maybe 30 seconds before the ref stopped the game.
For the entire second 45 we looked flat and lacked any urgency or intent. It was obvious a change was needed. But nothing till very late and then the double change and if you want to ice the clock stagger the changes.
Just makes my head spin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.