Melbourne City FC Thread

JVS has resigned. Feel like this is a real turning point for the club.

Really made my day, this news has. Got to show respect for JVS for resigning to care for his father, but other than that a very positive development for the club. Too late to wrestle the title from Sydney this season, but we should get an interesting insight into the question of whether the squad is good enough to take the league in its stride when under proper management - supposing the choice of replacement is a good one, that is.

Not sure it's too late. Its at the halfway point on the season and we still to play Sydney twice. A League being what it is a run of 7 or so wins can can propel a team into finals contention having said that the premiers plate is probably gone though.

It's probably the most important decision looming for CFG so far since takeover and it will be fascinating to see what they do.

Valkanis as caretaker is obviously an option but I think a bigish name coach would be the best approach. It will be interesting to see if Guardiola also has any input, that is, maybe an assistant or a candidate that is in a a similar mould. CFG with no doubt be looking for someone that can play the "city way"
(whatever that is).

The squad is very strong and the right bloke could have immediate success.

I also hope a decision is made soon and wouldn't be surprised if they haven't had someone lined up already.

Interesting times.

Back on tonight versus Wanderers at home.

Got no idea what to expect. We have been rubbish in our last 4 or 5 and I have been waiting for a turnaround. Now that JVS has left it's a complete unknown.

Generally you would expect a good positive reaction from the players but who knows.

After my last prediction I'm going to hold back. One thing I know for sure it's going to be a little warm and I'm going to have several cold ones.

Lets hope we start 2017 with a win. Happy New year to all.

Ok a win 1:0.

Nothing pretty but at 30° you can't expect much. First 30 minutes was great but after we scored and they got reduced to 10 the game got very static. They become really compact and we were very slow with the ball it was a very ugly game. They had 2 big chances and Bouzanis made great saves but apart from that not much. For us we look laborious and lacked any adventure.

After a run of so many drawers and losses I'll take an ugly win any day.

Onto the next week hopefully it cools down a bit.

My first Melbourne City game last night. It wasn't the best but thought the team looked more solid than before (partly down to WSW not offering much and going down to 10 fairly early).

Good experience, could do without the OTT PA announcer and music after the goal. But nice to be able to sit with a beer on a sunny day and watch a game of football.

My first Melbourne City game last night. It wasn't the best but thought the team looked more solid than before (partly down to WSW not offering much and going down to 10 fairly early).

Good experience, could do without the OTT PA announcer and music after the goal. But nice to be able to sit with a beer on a sunny day and watch a game of football.

The volume is just too high. Can't even chat at half time. And football during summer is definitely the go (unless your playing) surprised it's never been done in Europe especially in the super cold parts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.