memo - David Gill

2 million a year? Maybe we should offer him a million or so more and have him come and work for us then we can have him on the inside pissing out. After all, just how much of a United man is he? Maybe he's not such a dyed in the wool fan - Kenyon used to claim that he was red through and through but as soon as Chelsea came along and offered him more money he was off like a shot!
Anything to stop the inevitable rise of us as a club. Gill is the type of guy who would fuck a stranger in the ass and not have the courtesy of a reach around.
Looks like he could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Yup, that was the start of it.

Liverpool have since pulled their satellite midweek training academy from Manchester because they can't compete with City for players on our doorstep anymore.

It's gone way beyond that now.

More diddums.

Are you aware if there's a concerted effort to put out negative articles about our Academy? Over the past 12 months The Times and Telegraph have had a series of (almost alternating) exclusive articles about something our academy has done and should be frowned upon From the Liverpool & United pulling their teams, to Benjamin Garre's transfer, more negative articles about our "aggressive recruitment", writing articles about Louis Moulden's transfer suggesting it was illegal despite being investigated and approved, attacking our policy of providing private education to the players and most recently the publishing of Finley Burns transfer fee at 13.

It's possible I'm seeing conspiracy where it's not there, but I'm just suspicious that it's always exclusives by either Ducker or Matt Hughes, and it's starting to feel like a prolonged push to discredit the academy.

The thing is, we will continue to win fuck all if the corrupt twat is influencing the officiating of premier league games.

We don't want it to creep into European games (so long as we qualify).

Therefore, FFP stopping us in our tracks for a year or 2, whenever it's time for our youngsters to step up and take centre stage, will they be able to overcome the hurdles themselves??

Are you aware if there's a concerted effort to put out negative articles about our Academy? Over the past 12 months The Times and Telegraph have had a series of (almost alternating) exclusive articles about something our academy has done and should be frowned upon From the Liverpool & United pulling their teams, to Benjamin Garre's transfer, more negative articles about our "aggressive recruitment", writing articles about Louis Moulden's transfer suggesting it was illegal despite being investigated and approved, attacking our policy of providing private education to the players and most recently the publishing of Finley Burns transfer fee at 13.

It's possible I'm seeing conspiracy where it's not there, but I'm just suspicious that it's always exclusives by either Ducker or Matt Hughes, and it's starting to feel like a prolonged push to discredit the academy.
Your not the only one that has this train of thought. Without actually coming out and saying what the bitter fukers think they will try to slowly discredit the motives and honour of the academy thus the credibility of the club and ultimately the owners. They will get their sewer rats to do all dirty work through propergander and try to sew the seeds of mistrust into the masses. Propergander is a powerful weapon when executed correctly. I think we need to let these corrupt fukers know were on to them before they think they can pull the wool over our eyes.

Your not the only one that has this train of thought. Without actually coming out and saying what the bitter fukers think they will try to slowly discredit the motives and honour of the academy thus the credibility of the club and ultimately the owners. They will get their sewer rats to do all dirty work through propergander and try to sew the seeds of mistrust into the masses. Propergander is a powerful weapon when executed correctly. I think we need to let these corrupt fukers know were on to them before they think they can pull the wool over our eyes.
You can be certain the media sewer rats will never have a proper gander at our academy...

2 million a year? Maybe we should offer him a million or so more and have him come and work for us then we can have him on the inside pissing out. After all, just how much of a United man is he? Maybe he's not such a dyed in the wool fan - Kenyon used to claim that he was red through and through but as soon as Chelsea came along and offered him more money he was off like a shot!

Yes that is his directors wage. The glazers retired him from CEO so he was in a position to do more damage legitimately.

And yes we desperately need someone on the inside or who has been on the inside.

Journalists don't generally wake up in the morning and think about what to write about. They have contacts with directors and execs, managers, players, agents, club PR teams, etc. All stories start somewhere, which could be with a tip off or someone passing a press release, a telephone conversation or pre-written story. They'll usually amend it a bit to match their own style and that's what goes out. If they're helpful to certain people, they'll be rewarded with exclusives from time to time.

In the good old days pre-Abu Dhabi, the MEN used to get the stories the club wanted to see from the PR team every day. Whenever I saw a City story containing "...highly regarded Chief Executive Alistair Mackintosh...", it was a dead giveaway that it was reproduced virtually verbatim from a Tyrrell email. And the flip-side of course is that people use the press to release negative stories about their rivals. So it's a fair bet that if the same reporters are writing the same stories, they're getting it from someone hostile to the club.

Journalists don't generally wake up in the morning and think about what to write about. They have contacts with directors and execs, managers, players, agents, club PR teams, etc. All stories start somewhere, which could be with a tip off or someone passing a press release, a telephone conversation or pre-written story. They'll usually amend it a bit to match their own style and that's what goes out. If they're helpful to certain people, they'll be rewarded with exclusives from time to time.

In the good old days pre-Abu Dhabi, the MEN used to get the stories the club wanted to see from the PR team every day. Whenever I saw a City story containing "...highly regarded Chief Executive Alistair Mackintosh...", it was a dead giveaway that it was reproduced virtually verbatim from a Tyrrell email. And the flip-side of course is that people use the press to release negative stories about their rivals. So it's a fair bet that if the same reporters are writing the same stories, they're getting it from someone hostile to the club.

...which exacerbates our already disastrous PR strategy.

I think it was always inevitable that they would come after our academy as I've posted on here a number of times.

In my opinion, it will involve rrstrictions on the number and age of overseas players in an academy, strict limits on inducements (which will include educational), and the number of players allowed to be loaned out. All stuff that our competitors, most notably the rags, have been getting away with for years.

I also think that they will outlaw multi-club set-ups regardless of jurisdiction.

This was easily forseeable and I hope and trust our owners have a plan that involves a huge Court case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.