Memo to Joleon : Please don't go

Well he is on something like 90k/a week as well? Not sure the club wants a 3rd choice CB with a wage like that.
+ Lescott usually plays with VK not with Nastasic. So perhaps a 3rd choice CB who is comfortable playing with either would be better.

Kolo seems to be resigned to leaving, without putting up much of a fight for a new contract

Maybe he knows that a new top notch centre half is on the way, effectively pushing Kolo to 5th choice if he stayed?

Hope he stays he played great yesterday and deserved motm. Looked like a player playing for a new deal. Either with us or someone else.

BlueCityfan said:
Well he is on something like 90k/a week as well? Not sure the club wants a 3rd choice CB with a wage like that.
+ Lescott usually plays with VK not with Nastasic. So perhaps a 3rd choice CB who is comfortable playing with either would be better.

So we have signed Boateng, Savic & Nastasic & only one of them has made the grade. No evidence to suggest that replacing a cb is easy.

So we dump Lescott & bring in a new player then the new player doesn't settle & gets nervous, makes mistakes, like often happens with new defenders, then Nastasic gets a long ish injury.

Do we win the league ?

How smart would Mancini be if he allowed that situation to develop just to save one wage ?

bluemoonjack said:
sorry to hijack the thread but i can't post yet,has everyone seen when the rags have announced there victory parade is to be done,13th May,just 2 days after we could "POSSIBLY" win the cup can't help but think this date has been chosen to take the gloss of our possible victory and force ours to be done at a later date,and they call us bitters,sad,sad bastards

there's a thread on this already

DTKOAG said:
bluemoonjack said:
sorry to hijack the thread but i can't post yet,has everyone seen when the rags have announced there victory parade is to be done,13th May,just 2 days after we could "POSSIBLY" win the cup can't help but think this date has been chosen to take the gloss of our possible victory and force ours to be done at a later date,and they call us bitters,sad,sad bastards
We play Reading on the Tuesday after the final.

i think thats what he means, city may come across their parade.

Mancini favours a right/left split in his central defenders, so Lescott and Nastasic compete for one side and Kompany and Toure the other. I sense we'll either look for a right-footed equivalent of Nastasic or, given the problems we encounter when Kompany is absent, an experienced player who will ably deputise but on a lower salary.

We should ask Lescott to accept a 25% salary reduction. If he really wants to stay, he will accept those terms. If he leaves then he will probably end up worse off anyway.

Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:
blue12 said:
Lescott against the likes of Carroll is our best defender end of .
We didn't play Lescott yesterday to combat Carroll. At Upton park when Nastasic played he man marked him and had around 90% win rate in the air and on the ground I ythink. He just needed a rest so Lescott played.

Personally I think Lescott is a top defender and seems a top guy but he is firmly third choice and with the world cup soon it makes sense for him to leave. Makes financial sense for us as well.

Lescott would have played at WH but had a back injury, so we did actually play him v Carrol & every time anyone other than JL marked Carrol including VK, he got a free header, just as he would v Nastasic every time if the right cross came in.

JL is the best cb we have in these circumstances & imo the best on the ground too. And the so called 'slick' passing game of VK & Nastasic is a myth. It rarely happenes that either of them do anything different, they jusy look nice & cool when they give the ball away.

Lescott is nowhere near as good as Nasty on the ground. You need only see Nasty has the highest succesful tackle percentage out of any player in the league this season to see that. Lescott will always be useful cover for the games against big physical sides like West Ham and Stoke but Nasty is by far the better defender and that is why Lescott has been warming the bench all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.