Memo to Joleon : Please don't go

Tourist since 1971

Today Joleon was magnificent and I would devastated if he went.
Some of his tackling was top drawer and even his footwork and passing was superb.

We will need 3 top class CBs next season if we are to make a go of both the Prem and the CL. If he stays he will get plenty of games, but whether Old Man Hodgson will see the sense in taking a top class defender to Brazil who might not actually play every possible game (and therefore won't be knackered at the end of the season) is another matter. Remember Roy, JL was one of the few to come out of the last tournament with any credit.

Well done Joleon, stick with it. Unless you've been told you definitely won't to the world cup if you stay at City - in which case RHIAC.

Yeah, I really like him. Loved when we signed him. As Mancini seems intent on back 3 ( I wouldn't be surprised if he experimented again this offseason ) it would be great to keep him. I could see Vince, Nasty, Joleon, Micah, and even Kolo play a big part of a 3 man. Will be plenty of games to switch them around also.

Thought Joleon was man of the match... He was immense and showed why he should stay.

I've grown very fond of Julian. Can't for the life of me understand why he didn't start at Goodison. For games like that I'd like to see him stay.

I guess the conundrum is that he's only got a year left on his contract. Maybe a two year extension would suit both parties. He's certainly got a few good years left in him.

I certainly feel our recruitment priorities lie outside bolstering the defence.

He's an old fashioned stopper. Ok, but when we need to keep the ball moving because we're being pressed by the opposition he is the weak link that holds us back.

sorry to hijack the thread but i can't post yet,has everyone seen when the rags have announced there victory parade is to be done,13th May,just 2 days after we could "POSSIBLY" win the cup can't help but think this date has been chosen to take the gloss of our possible victory and force ours to be done at a later date,and they call us bitters,sad,sad bastards

bluemoonjack said:
sorry to hijack the thread but i can't post yet,has everyone seen when the rags have announced there victory parade is to be done,13th May,just 2 days after we could "POSSIBLY" win the cup can't help but think this date has been chosen to take the gloss of our possible victory and force ours to be done at a later date,and they call us bitters,sad,sad bastards
We play Reading on the Tuesday after the final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.