Memorial garden removed?

I hate to say anything bad about my club but I think it is extremely insensitive not to inform people about this.

A collective message on the official website stating why it's being removed or renovated, before doing so, should have been the procedure.

I don't have any family mementos or attachments to this memorial garden, but I find this absolutely disgraceful, and one of the most disrespectful things the club could do. Imagine turning up to a loved one's grave, and any letters, floral arrangements or personal plaques had been removed by a non-family member, with no communication about it; you'd hit the roof.

I can't find anything about the memorial garden on the new website but I know that when I scattered both my husband's and my mother's ashes there I was told by the club that, due to space restrictions, permanent memorials were not allowed. I also know that this hasn't been enforced by the club in more recent years. I , too, feel that notice should have been given before memorials were removed and that families should be given an opportunity to claim them. The link below shows what used to appear on the official site.

http://content.mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Memorial-Garden

I can't find anything about the memorial garden on the new website but I know that when I scattered both my husband's and my mother's ashes there I was told by the club that, due to space restrictions, permanent memorials were not allowed. I also know that this hasn't been enforced by the club in more recent years. I , too, feel that notice should have been given before memorials were removed and that families should be given an opportunity to claim them. The link below shows what used to appear on the official site.

The link explains somewhat but a message in the programme wouldn’t have been much. Find it very uncomfortable that loved ones have turned up to find this. This is a people’s club for the people, so the people should have been notified truly sorry for anyone affected

The link explains somewhat but a message in the programme wouldn’t have been much. Find it very uncomfortable that loved ones have turned up to find this. This is a people’s club for the people, so the people should have been notified truly sorry for anyone affected
At City Matters we've made the point that good, early communication can forestall a lot of problems. I'll be very disappointed if they've not taken this on board.

There is a number at the bottom of that link, has anybody affected tried phoning them?

It’s nothing new, They have a clean up a couple of times a year.
They do tell you when you arrange for ashes to be spread there that you should not put anything perminant there.
It was looking quite untidy when we visited last month with lots of dead flowers and quite a bit of Christmas stuff there.
I’m sure They do keep a lot of the things (pictures. Pebbles etc ) for a short time should you wish to reclaim them.
For those who don’t know the facts Please don’t start criticising the Club on this matter as they do a great job in maintaining this area and allowing our loved ones to be together at the club.and they DO tell you not to put things there.
Imadgine how cluttered it would become should they just leave it . My advise would be to only put things there you are ok with losing or claim it back and go put it back again.

It’s nothing new, They have a clean up a couple of times a year.
They do tell you when you arrange for ashes to be spread there that you should not put anything perminant there.
It was looking quite untidy when we visited last month with lots of dead flowers and quite a bit of Christmas stuff there.
I’m sure They do keep a lot of the things (pictures. Pebbles etc ) for a short time should you wish to reclaim them.
For those who don’t know the facts Please don’t start criticising the Club on this matter as they do a great job in maintaining this area and allowing our loved ones to be together at the club.and they DO tell you not to put things there.
Imadgine how cluttered it would become should they just leave it . My advise would be to only put things there you are ok with losing or claim it back and go put it back again.

Agree the club do a great job on this but cant be much to ask for them to put stuff back.

We spread my mates ashes there the other week and there was a woman there tending her sons resting place.I know they say dont put anything there but I think if I had lost a child I wouldnt give a toss what they say about leaving things.

Agree the club do a great job on this but cant be much to ask for them to put stuff back.

We spread my mates ashes there the other week and there was a woman there tending her sons resting place.I know they say dont put anything there but I think if I had lost a child I wouldnt give a toss what they say about leaving things.
But would then be upset when it’s moved?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.