memorial garden

joe salford

Can anyone help please? I have tried phoning the club but either cannot get through to the right dept or there is no answer.
A few of us placeds a marble plaque in the garden in remembrance of a close mate who passed away last year. As you will be aware the garden has been dug up and i am worried where the plaque may have ended up or if we will see it again!.

thankyou in advance.

MCFC OFFICIAL SITE said:
Manchester City has begun the revamp of the much respected Memorial Garden at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Following consultation with various user forums and the volunteers who originally built, designed and looked after the garden, a new, fully accessible garden is being created.

Mindful of the scatterings of ashes in the past seven years, project managers are salvaging all the existing soils and sub soils which will be used in the new garden and dug in to retain ashes and memories for and of all concerned.

In the new garden, there will be areas of seasonal planting and a rose garden where ashes can be scattered in future with new planters, several benches and focal points for moments of contemplation and for family gatherings or services.

It is hoped that the new garden will be unveiled in full for the last home game of 2010 (December 28 v Aston Villa) – traditionally a game where the club remembers those departed.

From Monday November 29 until December 28, the garden will be closed for works to proceed. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hopefully it'll be there somewhere.

Hey, does anyone know I get in touch with someone at the club regarding ashes being scattered and other memorial opportunities at the club? I'm afraid a friend asked me for their friend, and one of our own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.