MEN think we have £40-£60 million to spend in Jan

OrigamiNinja

MEN think we have £40-£60 million to spend in Jan

They also list who they believe who our main targets. How much is fact is debateable as the MEN seem to know very little nowadays regarding City, they seem to just rehash stories from the tabloids.

If however their figures are in the right ballpark then I would like the following

Given - £8 million
K Toure - £8 million
Lescott - £10 million
Bridge - £13 million
Y Toure - £8 million
Senna - £5 million
Owen - £6 million

RSC also seems to be nailed on but I hope that the quoted £20 million for him is not included in the £40-£60 million kitty!

Re: MEN think we have £40-£60 million to spend in Jan

Only £40-£60m per player..... I think the 'budget' like others have said will not count for any possible superstar targets

Both Toure brothers for a total of £16m would be an amazing coup, so it's probably a load of bollox.

BBC have us down for £40m - £80m, mainly because we won't get the big signing(s) till the summer.

I think from what I have read that seems around the figure quoted in most places(perhaps more to the higher end), but my guess is that if the right players are within reach that figure will rise quite quickly.

What is the most one club have spent in January? I don't think it is possible, or necessarily wise, to be spending over that amount in the Jan transfer window. Most clubs don't even spend that in Summer! The idea in Jan is that you buy players to compliment your current team, not build a whole new one! I know we aren't doing too well at the minute but we don't want to have to have six/seven new first team players to have to integrate into the team. £40-£60 million would be more than enough to strengthen the areas we need. We don't want to be buying stop gap players (like Benji) for stupid money just to replace them in summer.

Another thing, what is the deal with City fans wanting superstars all of a sudden? I just want us to have a good team that is capable of challenging for a European place this season. Villa are doing it without any superstars! Since when have we turned into Real Madrid?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.