Mendy undergoes knee surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting they've not said the problem despite them clearly knowing it, that to me indicates it's probably a substantial one. I fear for his future if it's bad, certain players just never fully recover from an acl injury and given his style and athleticism he could be in trouble. Reminds me of Richards in running style, let's hope he doesn't have his similar injury record.

Team will be fine so long as Delph remains fit but we do lose an alternative way of playing without him. If it's a lengthy injury Txiki might be looking at a natural left back in Jan.
Zinchenko looks ready - improved a lot and credit to the lad - when it looked like he may be moved on he said he wanted to stay and fight for a place and he has done just that

Interesting they've not said the problem despite them clearly knowing it, that to me indicates it's probably a substantial one. I fear for his future if it's bad, certain players just never fully recover from an acl injury and given his style and athleticism he could be in trouble. Reminds me of Richards in running style, let's hope he doesn't have his similar injury record.

Team will be fine so long as Delph remains fit but we do lose an alternative way of playing without him. If it's a lengthy injury Txiki might be looking at a natural left back in Jan.

The prophet of doom has spoken

Aguero has just come back from knee surgery and looks a different player

We "scraped by" last season with Delph, Zinchenko and Danilo all stepping up and performing. We have plenty of cover
Mendy will be back just after Christmas

Left knee not his ACL right knee from last year.

Torn meniscus (cartlidge) probably out for 3 months.

Kevin had no surgery but missed 6-8 weeks.

We should employ Dr Ramon Cugat full time and save on the air fares of our players going to see him.

Agree he’s not been on top form this season but he’s still played most of the games in our strongest defensive performance in the premier league to this point. Can’t recall any of his errors leading to anything either.

Possibly more by luck than design?

His performances at Wolves and Spurs gave me sleepless nights.

He's not a defender, just like Micah wasn't. Benji is just a upgraded runaway sideboard when he gets going with the perfect delivery of Amazon.

Hope he recovers quickly because he really needs a proper assessment.

Delph and Zinchenko give us solidity defensively and slot central to assist Fernandinho and play the pivot role. It also means Sane can be let of the leash. We should be okay. Delph fresh from captaining England can then play for us. Neither player has really let us down.

Possibly more by luck than design?

His performances at Wolves and Spurs gave me sleepless nights.

He's not a defender, just like Micah wasn't. Benji is just a upgraded runaway sideboard when he gets going with the perfect delivery of Amazon.

Hope he recovers quickly because he really needs a proper assessment.

Possibly yes. He was very poor against spurs. Last couple of games I thought he had looked decent but a little tempered going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.