Merseyside FA approach UEFA to form ''Merseyside Super League''

Mad Eyed Screamer

The Liverpool Echo has revealed that the Merseyside FA has approached UEFA with a request that ten clubs within the Merseyside county boundary are removed from the English pyramid system and seek approval to form a Merseyside Super League (MSL)
The Merseyside FA spokesperson, Derek Pratton, said in a statement that ''as of ongoing resentment towards being classed as being part of England, we seek independance from the Football Association and appeal to UEFA to allow us to form the MSL and that places in UEFA governed competitions are made available to MSL clubs''

The ten clubs involved in this breakaway league are Liverpool, Everton, Tranmere, Southport, Marine, Prescot Cables, Bootle, AFC Liverpool, City of Liverpool FC and Cammell Laird FC.
It is thought that the MSL league could expand further, to include satalite towns just outside of Merseyside where the local populace speak in a Scouse twang such as Widnes, Runcorn, Winsford, Skelmersdale and Ellesmere Port.
One club that won't be joing the MSL is St Helens FC. A spokesperson for the club who didn't wish to be identified stated that the club wanted nothing to do with the MLS and the town and their fans remain steadfastly Lancastrians with no connection whatsoever with anything Liverpudlian.

The MSL hopes to begin its inauguaral season in August with a showpiece charity opening game where each of the ten teams will provide three players each for the ''All Star'' charity game, competing for the Yosser Hughes Trophy. That trophy will then be held annually between the MSL champions and the winners of the Stan Boardman Cup, which is the MSL's knockout competition.

Games will be shown live on MTV, with Merseyside Television's owner, Phil Redmond, delighted to be able to showcase the regions talent on the city's local TV station.

Liverpool's manager, Jurgen Klopp, spoke about this new development exclusively to The Echo.
''I think it is an excellent idea, the local people in this city know what this city is about. It will be a tough league with every game being a local derby and teams like Bootle and Marine shouldn't be dismissed. Also, the proposals are that only the Champion will enter the Champions League competition, making it also difficult to qualify, as currently we qualify every year yet have only been champions once in thirty years.''
Bill Kenwright declined to comment after a journalist raised the question as to whether he thought the proposal to scrap relegation from the MSL and keep the same ten clubs in there year in / year out was a good idea......

Woah there, this cannot be true, or should I say 'am not 'avin dat'. If the league is to expand it surely has to include the scouse city of Rhyl. If it doesnt there is no integrity in the new league and I for one wont be jibbing into any games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.