Message from a Sunderland fan

Two brief comments:

One, of course nobody can predict the future, but there is a lot of irony in that scenario, to say the least. Working for City, the man faces war from day 1, the only thing we miss is the blood. We will witness that too, with players ending in hospital, if situations like the Brighton match continue. Which wasn't a one off, by the way. City face extreme "physicality" from opponents (a rather convenient way to put it instead of calling it what it is, dirty playing and cheating -which the media in this country will never do, they have their reasons) consistently all these years with zero protection from refs, never mind the calls we don't get while rivals do for ridiculous reasons. Guardiola knows exactly what's going on, if there were any doubts in his mind, I think the Chelsea match at home in his first season opened his eyes for good, it must have been a shock for him. The way he handles the situation reflects on his character (Pep will never seek excuses and transmits that same mentality to the team -which has played a major role in City's success), it also reflects on the club's policy -and I prefer to leave it here...

What I'm trying to say is that the football establishment and authorities in this country have been sending him clear messages since his arrival. "Everything we did, we did it ourselves", he has said, I don't think he has felt welcomed here. With such a history, offering him the England job would be some development. Not sure how he would feel about that option, even though he does appreciate the tradition of the sport in England and enjoys life in Manchester...

And two, if such a debate existed it no longer does, after City's achievements this season. A team with practically zero summer rest and zero preseason competing successfully in 4 fronts, playing every 3-4 days for the whole season. In one of the most, if not the most competitive and complicated league of the world. Unfortunately, most of the fans won't realise, therefore will not fully appreciate what City have done this season, it's a pity really. Guardiola has even beaten nature -temporarily perhaps, but he has. All over Europe, coleagues of his have tried to apply some of his methods, but failed miserably, the results are there for everyone to witness. The reason? There are specific requiremets and prerequisites for those methods, extremely demanding and complicated. Guardiola had the talent and a broad set of skills to fulfil them, others simply could not...

As I said, the average fan is just spending his time watching football, does not bother using his brain so as to assess the reality in front of his eyes, therefore the brilliance of managers like him is bound to remain unnoticed. If I only had the ability to describe how badly he will be missed after he leaves...
Agree with you. Guardiola has never really been accepted by the football establishment here. That was the same in Spain where he was never accepted by the Spanish (anti-Catalonian) establishment. I think he likes being a bit of an outsider (and a rebel) which may explain why he has stayed so long at City. He is his own man and seems to relish a challenge. I hope we can keep hold of him for even longer but I suspect this contract will be his last and he will move on.

Agree with you. Guardiola has never really been accepted by the football establishment here. That was the same in Spain where he was never accepted by the Spanish (anti-Catalonian) establishment. I think he likes being a bit of an outsider (and a rebel) which may explain why he has stayed so long at City. He is his own man and seems to relish a challenge. I hope we can keep hold of him for even longer but I suspect this contract will be his last and he will move on.
I honestly believe he will sign on for years to come.

The Mackem Mrs at least has accepted they weren't good enough....again. On the plus side, they now have a good Manager and the set-up behind the scenes seems to have been addre.

A few years ago I went to a boxing night in Oldham

The manager of Sunderland, Lee Johnson, was at the time the manager of Oldham and he was there

A few of my mates are Oldham fans and they got talking to him. He came and sat at our table and spoke to them for about an hour. He didn't shirk any questions they had and he spoke frankly and spoke a lot of sense. I was really impressed with the fella

Sunderland are in good hands there hopefully

Well it was obvious which half time team talk worked.
Plenty of chances to bury Lincon + penalty denied.
They'll be alright new owner only had half the season to sort things out there. A full off season and better players tempted in by bonuses + potential promotion= they'll run away with that league next year.

Sunderland what I could gather were best pals with the rags for years after they caught Newcastle up = good to see that friendship is well and truly over now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.