Messi

City Raider

I know there's a La Liga thread but some don't visit it and of the seemingly weekly records Messi is now setting; this one is unparalleled.

He's not only scored in his 19th consecutive La Liga match, they've been against every other team in the division!

City Raider said:
He's not only scored in his 19th consecutive La Liga match, they've been against every other team in the division!

At the risk of being severely Clarkied... You do realise that teams play all the other teams once before they play them for the second time (with the occasional exception following postponements etc)? So if you score in 19 consecutive league matches (in a league with 20 teams), they would usually be against all the other teams in the division.

Stuuuuuu said:
City Raider said:

At the risk of being severely Clarkied... You do realise that teams play all the other teams once before they play them for the second time (with the occasional exception following postponements etc)? So if you score in 19 consecutive league matches (in a league with 20 teams), they would usually be against all the other teams in the division.

;)

though with cup games it is rare

Cristiano Ronaldo has that record.
Cristiano also scored against his own team (so, he scored against all 20 teams in La Liga), something Messi hasn't done yet.

fablue said:
Cristiano Ronaldo has that record.
Cristiano also scored against his own team (so, he scored against all 20 teams in La Liga), something Messi hasn't done yet.

There is something Ronaldo has never done though. Be better than Messi.

I love watching Usain Bolt beat the field and the fact at 22.29 he could still make the off licence. But he only beats his contenders by maybe 2 or 3%.

Messi on the other hand is near God-like status for me. Truly brilliant. Brazil 2014 I reckon he'll blow us away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.