Metallic Paint Scratch Removal

inbetween

So i've had the new motor for about 5 months and I've noticed this morning a ton of scratches. They are tiny but there are loads of them. I wouldn't say someone has done them because they aren't deep and they are in random places running the full length of the bit of paint above the front and rear passenger windows.

The weird thing is they are horizontal to the cars direction of travel so it is as though something has been dragged off the roof but they are very short in length so.... god knows.

My guess is either a cat, a bird or both has made my car roof its home or the recent weather and/or gritters have done their bit. You can barely feel them to touch but they are obvious when you get up close. If there was only one I wouldn't bother but the amount has really annoyed me.

What is the best way to go about removing them? I have a metallic paint and I have read that T-cut is a bit aggressive for light scratches. I am thinking of either getting metallic t-cut and doing it slowly or getting some of the stuff I have read online... Seems a minefield though really.

If they are VERY light scratches, try a coloured wax polish first. They come in various shades.

If wax doesn't work, there's no harm done and you can then try something more aggressive like T-Cut metallic. You should be OK with that too if you go sensibly. I've used it before now without any disasters.

Autoglym - scratch removal kit, very, very good - search the Autoglym website which has info and video guides, I found it great on scratches caused by some clown with a shopping trolley.

A bottle of metallic scratch remover in (various colours available) and a orbital power buffer is the best way. Be like new in no time.

Drive it to a field. Brick the windows, then torch the car before going home and reporting it stolen. Claim a new one off the insurance.

Have you had in a mechanical car wash. In this kind of weather where there is plenty of grit about a lot gets transfered onto the washer rollers and this inturn scratches the next car with horizontal fine scratches. If this is the case and you value your car, hand wash it but rinse it down well first to remove the major dirt and grit.

Take it to a professional body shop or a good detail valeter.They have all the correct equipment.
They may be able to machine polish them out and the cost should be negligible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.