Metrolink website

bluwes

They are trying there best to ingratiate themselves with the fans.

Manchester City v Barnsley 9 March in the FA Cup - Kick off time 17.30

(Published:08/03/2013)

Home games at Manchester City will mean there are increased numbers of people on the network, especially on services out to the Etihad Stadium on the East Manchester line.

To cope with the extra passengers, we will be increasing the frequency of the service by running twice as many vehicles before and after the match. In addition to this we’ve put on additional trams and every other will be a double-unit.

Here is some helpful information for customers travelling to and from the Etihad Campus:

Make sure you leave enough time to get to the ground, crowds at Piccadilly and city centre stops build up at least an hour ahead of kick-off and trams can be extremely busy.

Consider there are reduced services at Holt Town and Velopark stops post-match as we clear the crowds from the stadium and transport passengers back to the city centre.

Frequency of our service has been increased between Victoria and Velopark (via Etihad Campus) before and after the match.

City centre-bound trams after the match will also be extremely busy as thousands of people travel back into Manchester. Please take care when travelling and ensure you allow plenty of time for your onward journey.

MetroLink was an absolute fecking sh*te yesterday.
I parked up at Navigation Road at 4:20. Got to Market Street at 4:40 and waited, and waited and waited. The next Droylsdon tram turned up at 5:12 (that's 32 mins during which time 5 trams should have turned up - 2 (or 3) normal service trams to Droylesdon and 2 (or 3) specials from Victoria Just got to our seats for KO.

On the way back we left 5 mins early got a quick tram and got off at Piccadilly Gardens and walked to Market Street where we waited and waited and waited fro a tram to Altrincham. After 35 mins one turned up rammed to the gunnels - somehow we managed to get on but it was an awful journey.
I won't be trying that again in a hurry.
The trains to Piccadilly from Alty should run through to the Etihad on match days and the specials to Victoria should be done away with.

In a word a complete and utter shambles.

Send those comments to Metrolink fella, the more people that complain the more likely they are to change.

Again for me, the Metrolink was great, love it. On the way back a tram full of us all singing etc.

My only suggestion for improvement would be a direct tram back to bury than just to Victoria (bury line goes to Victoria anyway)

Why Always Ste said:
Send those comments to Metrolink fella, the more people that complain the more likely they are to change.

Again for me, the Metrolink was great, love it. On the way back a tram full of us all singing etc.

My only suggestion for improvement would be a direct tram back to bury than just to Victoria (bury line goes to Victoria anyway)

Ste,

The tram from Droylsden goes through to Bury, you must have got on a special

BlueAnorak said:
MetroLink was an absolute fecking sh*te yesterday.
I parked up at Navigation Road at 4:20. Got to Market Street at 4:40 and waited, and waited and waited. The next Droylsdon tram turned up at 5:12 (that's 32 mins during which time 5 trams should have turned up - 2 (or 3) normal service trams to Droylesdon and 2 (or 3) specials from Victoria Just got to our seats for KO.

On the way back we left 5 mins early got a quick tram and got off at Piccadilly Gardens and walked to Market Street where we waited and waited and waited fro a tram to Altrincham. After 35 mins one turned up rammed to the gunnels - somehow we managed to get on but it was an awful journey.
I won't be trying that again in a hurry.
The trains to Piccadilly from Alty should run through to the Etihad on match days and the specials to Victoria should be done away with.

In a word a complete and utter shambles.

The tram home was a nightmare yesterday whenever we stopped it took ages to start again the doors just kept opening and closing. Jam packed it didn't feel like they had put extra mets on !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.