Metrolink..

More incompetence today I’m afraid. Delays on a number of lines. Been waiting 25 mins for a tram into town.

Covid absentees probably, that's being used for every single bit of poor service everywhere. In Altrincham bus station they stick up notices now saying certain bus routes will be effected next week due to covid sickness. The problem is how do you know which ones? You don't so stand at a bus stop hoping it turns up. Oh for a reliable app that actually gives you a live update so you can plan your life

More incompetence today I’m afraid. Delays on a number of lines. Been waiting 25 mins for a tram into town.
First time I’ve used the tram this season and the Oldham line was bang on.

I probably won’t get home before midnight now I’ve said this!

What a shambles with Manchester transport today.
How we can be classed as a major city with such poor transport infrastructure is a joke and Andy Burnham needs a rocket up his arse.
Set off to get the train from Heald Green to Piccadilly but was told all trains upto 3.00 pm cancelled due to a incident at Burnage.
Fine I will then get the Met from Peel Hall and managed to squeeze on along with 800 people who were on the tram from the Airport due to the train problem.
Took 1 hour 15 mins to get into Piccadilly after numerous stops where the doors would not close and too many passengers on the tram!!
After the game had to wait 25 mins for the 1st tram back to Piccadilly due to driver shortages apparently and hundreds behind awaiting for further trams to arrive..
A major City you say ??? A fucking embarrassment more like.

How we can be classed as a major city with such poor transport infrastructure is a joke and Andy Burnham needs a rocket up his arse.
Set off to get the train from Heald Green to Piccadilly but was told all trains upto 3.00 pm cancelled due to a incident at Burnage.
Fine I will then get the Met from Peel Hall and managed to squeeze on along with 800 people who were on the tram from the Airport due to the train problem.
Took 1 hour 15 mins to get into Piccadilly after numerous stops where the doors would not close and too many passengers on the tram!!
After the game had to wait 25 mins for the 1st tram back to Piccadilly due to driver shortages apparently and hundreds behind awaiting for further trams to arrive..
Today was the worst I have seen it, there were no football specials, on the Ashton tram a young woman with a baby in a pram couldn't get of at her stop because it was absolutely rammed, there is going to be an accident due to the overcrowding

Sadly "1 under" at Burnage today apparently so all the trains are stopped including from the Airport.

Knock on for the trams because all Airport Rail passengers have to use them.

Could argue that this contingency situation was possible because we have public transport options.

Andy Burnham doesn't run the buses, the trains or the trams, so it might be an idea to take your rocket to the pirates of privatisation who've been "running" and zealously guarding their profitable little cash cows for the best part of three decades now while taking money out of the public purse to prop up their hopelessly flawed business models.

Andy Burnham doesn't run the buses, the trains or the trams, so it might be an idea to take your rocket to the pirates of privatisation who've been "running" and zealously guarding their profitable little cash cows for the best part of three decades now while taking money out of the public purse to prop up their hopelessly flawed business models.

Remember this?

Deansgate.

The stretch of road between Blackfriars Street and King Street has been closed to traffic since May.

Manchester Council brought in a temporary traffic order saying it would allow more room for people returning to the area following the first coronavirus lockdown.

But it emerged last week that Diamond Bus company had objected to the order, claiming that it was detrimental to passengers and that the council was using the situation as a backdoor to permanent pedestrianisation without proper consultation.

When talks broke down, Diamond began the process of challenging the council's decision in the High Court via a judicial review.

0-FD670-C8-C32-F-4-DAD-991-E-644-C34-D754-C2.png

Go on the SSC - MCR Transport thread, and some of you will learn what’s currently going on.

Buses: Future Proposals Including Franchising Discussion.​

VDB. Post #220.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.