MH and his Blackburn Mentality...

dancity19

I am sure someone may have said something like this before, but i do believe that Mark Hughes is going after mainly 'just-above average' players. I think Bridge will be the best signing of Jan, of course I hope not, but it worries me. I think Hughes is trying to bring in the players he would have done at blackburn had he had the money. Due to his infamous training regime that few players can handle he is looking for players he knows well, as he has said many times. Of course we need a bit more passion and strength in the team, and by no means do I want a team of purely superstars; but we need a mixture. A foreign manager, who is tactically very astute is what we need, who will attract and manage top class men. Maybe sometimes Hughes forgets what kind of money we have, as he never even excites us and mentions top class players, just 'men who will do the job.'
I actually believe this is down to the English culture of playing football; we are so obsessed with hard workers and pure effort, we forget that football involves skill aswell; a reason why the national team under perform. This is many of our managers think as well; allerdyce, megson, moyes, hughes. I just think we need a guy who will look for class as well as muscle with the money we have at our disposal. I would love to be proven wrong, but obviously we will only know after a few more buys have been made.

A foreign manager, who is tactically very astute is what we need, who will attract and manage top class men.

Didn´t we had one of those recently..?

It went well until Frank mentioned that we where skint.

No, of course not, and nor did i say i knew, i said i thought. Its just things he says, 'men he knows' etc. He wants players he knows he can manage and who can handle his training setup. I dont believe he can handle bigger name players. Im only posting what i think. And yes we did have one of those, but we don't anymore!

dancity19 said:
No, of course not, and nor did i say i knew, i said i thought. Its just things he says, 'men he knows' etc. He wants players he knows he can manage and who can handle his training setup. I dont believe he can handle bigger name players. Im only posting what i think. And yes we did have one of those, but we don't anymore!

oh i didnt know he said that about signing "men he knows" doesnt sound very promising though

PaleBlue said:
Here's an idea - why not wait and see?

_41507742_rice_shirt_ap_416.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.