Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

I agree that Richards performances post injury have not been to the standard we have seen from him in previous times. I am disappointed he has gone to press to say he may look elsewhere, thats not the way to handle a ruthless hierachy of a top club.

From the clubs perspective, we are trying to convince the masses that we are a club that is committed to youth and its the way we will evolve our future first team. I think we need to be showing to these masses that we do commit to our first team squad members that have come through our system (including the ones currently in there that are not top draw players but can "do a job") even if it is at a finacial burden. We need to be able to have examples now in our squad of youth players to be able to give hope to the youngsters and proof that our academy is producing "First team players".
The improvements the youth system is striving for will hopefully yield better players in years to come, but we need to be ("for the sake of it") have some players in the first team squad now who are academy graduates. Thats why we need to keep Guidetti, Richards, Huws, and Boyata too at this moment.

My opinion isn't borne out of a blind devotion to "our own" boys, because I agree, the standard we are at and striving for, our current academy crop are not at the same table, but merely from the fact we are trying to strive to be able to rely on our holisitc approach to team evolution through the academy, We will never be able to show/convince this can work if we clear out our current graduates now.

If he went off injured every 40 minutes just to be sidelined for months he might have had time to cement a first team spot.
He should thank city for standing behind him through all his injuries. He has been injuryfree for what? 3 weeks?

On his day Micah can be a better RB than Zaba but sadly he is nowhere near as consistent. This year he really hasn't done the business on the pitch to earn more playing time, fingers crossed he can put in good performances in the cups and earns a new deal

I feel for Richards a little here.

Yes, he's made of glass and could get injured playing tiddly winks, but at this stage of his career, when injury-free, he needs to be playing football. Plus, it's world cup year and the players currently playing RB for England are somewhere between average and piss-poor. A world cup slot is there for the taking for a fit and in form Richards.

I wouldn't want to see him leave permanently. Best case scenario for everyone would be that he went on loan to another premier league side in January. But this would rely on us bringing in suitable cover at RB, either permanently or on loan. I think the likelihood though, is that this won't happen.

Personally I've been very disappointed with Richards this season. He looks a player who's own progress and growth has become stunted. Whether that's due to injuries or whether it's a mentality thing who knows.

Although I'd love to think he's going to sign a new contract and stick around and be part of our future, I fear the lure of regular first team football and a fat new contract elsewhere will be too appealing for him.

ell said:
On his day Micah can be a better RB than Zaba but sadly he is nowhere near as consistent. This year he really hasn't done the business on the pitch to earn more playing time, fingers crossed he can put in good performances in the cups and earns a new deal

Not sure he can these days you know. Zab's just a far superior footballer. Just so much tidier than him on the ball. Maybe more useful than Zaba in some situations but not sure you could quite describe him as being a better right back, because he isn't

The Fat el Hombre said:
ell said:

Not sure he can these days you know. Zab's just a far superior footballer. Just so much tidier than him on the ball. Maybe more useful than Zaba in some situations but not sure you could quite describe him as being a better right back, because he isn't

Zabs is far superior to Micah in this position, Micah has not progressed in my opinion and to be a right back you need mobility, Micah has pace but is simply too bulky for that position. He looks cumbersome when playing, he is our own 'Tom Daley' at times & strength & straightline speed do not a footballer make! I wish him all the best but feel we have moved on from where Micah now stands.

Lockers said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
ell said:

Zabs is far superior to Micah in this position, Micah has not progressed in my opinion and to be a right back you need mobility, Micah has pace but is simply too bulky for that position. He looks cumbersome when playing, he is our own 'Tom Daley' at times & strength & straightline speed do not a footballer make! I wish him all the best but feel we have moved on from where Micah now stands.

What!? Micah has got himself a new bloke?

pass2silva said:
Lockers said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

What!? Micah has got himself a new bloke?

I did think that whilst typing it, but my comment is merely aimed at his penchant for legs together 2 & a half turn pike!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/14/article-2507057-1954310600000578-606_634x465.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.