Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

waspish said:
Wonder if he be any good as defensive midfielder?
and put Silva at right back?

when Richards returns from injury it always seems to take him a few games to figure out what's going on and where he needs to be when, but generally after those games he back to his best.
just needs more game time.

Heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Pellegrini is a fan of Wabara. Bad news for Richards, but its another academy lad at least...

JJCMCFC said:
Heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Pellegrini is a fan of Wabara. Bad news for Richards, but its another academy lad at least...

No chance. Wabara's only really held a place at Oldham, who were a bottom half league one side. Two championship loans he's not been able to get in the team regularly. I have problems with Richards but he's a lot better than Wabara and trading one for the other would be daft. If Pellegrini fancied him, he would have played a carling cup game instead of going out on loan to Doncaster. Trusted Boyata in those games, and that guy can't get a sniff in the league even with multiple CB injuries, so not much hope for Wabara really.

Wabara should have gone on a permanent move ages ago for his own sake, like Trippier did. Trippier's now playing excellently for Burnley and could be back in the Premier League next year.

waspish said:

Wasn't that his original position coming through the Academy (along with centre-back)?

IIRC, it was only when he became a first-teamer that Pearce turned him into a right-back.

Too big for his boots.

Him along with Hart, Lescott need a reality check. Too much hype and no work ethic. I think its another case of english footballer mentality.

People say foreigners spoil our game, BS. i dont buy it. They have raised the bar to another level and our home grown talent need to model themselves like them. Be it both off field and on it.

Micah's defensive mistakes are he ball watches too much and over commits. Iv noticed it every time he plays. Key to being a good defender is knowing where your man is and forseeing a run before your man does it. Otherwise Taht, he has pace, strength and arial ability.

Intelligence and technique over pace and power all day long.

Constantly out of position, lacks awareness, lacks concentration and imo happy with his one league title medal.

Not at all suited to the High- tempo pressing style MP wants us to play.

mattyctid said:

Constantly out of position, lacks awareness, lacks concentration and imo happy with his one league title medal.

Agree, plus his actual ability on the ball seems to have massively declined too, I hope he can back to his best, but I can't see it.

Vienna_70 said:
waspish said:

Wasn't that his original position coming through the Academy (along with centre-back)?

IIRC, it was only when he became a first-teamer that Pearce turned him into a right-back.

Richards was originally a striker. Our Academy converted him into a defender.

mattyctid said:

Correct. Does not matter how good a coach we have, sorry but he is a decent player and will never become the finished article of what the current team needs.

I would sell this summer and look for a replacement who can push Zaba for his spot.

Ray78 said:
Vienna_70 said:
waspish said:

Richards was originally a striker. Our Academy converted him into a defender.

Gleghorn used to drone on about how he saw Micah as a DM, I assume he didn't see him play there when Hughes tried it and it was an unmitigated disaster, seeing as he:

A) can't trap a bag of cement
B) can't pass more than 15 yards
C) can't dribble

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.