Micah Richards

For "Micah lovers", read "common sense lovers". The man is a professional footballer with aspirations of being an england international. He'd have to be beyond a moron to sign a "pay a you play deal" to play backup to Zaba, regardless off the team he supports. He wants to play games, which he's struggled to do here even when fit, so he will leave and go somewhere where he is first choice (and he won't be lacking suitors). Pay as you play deals are for people who noone wants because of their injuries, they are a last resort of a player before retiring. It would be insulting to him to even offer him such a bullshit idea

BigOscar said:
For "Micah lovers", read "common sense lovers". The man is a professional footballer with aspirations of being an england international. He'd have to be beyond a moron to sign a "pay a you play deal" to play backup to Zaba, regardless off the team he supports. He wants to play games, which he's struggled to do here even when fit, so he will leave and go somewhere where he is first choice (and he won't be lacking suitors). Pay as you play deals are for people who noone wants because of their injuries, they are a last resort of a player before retiring. It would be insulting to him to even offer him such a bullshit idea

Out of curiosity, do you really feel like he's struggled to get games when he was fit? I personally don't feel like it's been a problem during the brief spells of match fitness. At worst I think he plays the Clichy to our Kolarov (this season) when they're both perfectly healthy. And it wasn't terribly long ago that people claimed Micah was still first choice, despite Zaba coming off player of the season.

All by way of saying, I haven't personally seen anything that would leave me to believe that a match-fit Micah isn't very much in the manager's rotation and thoughts. He just hasn't been fit.

Tron Coltrane said:
BigOscar said:

Out of curiosity, do you really feel like he's struggled to get games when he was fit? I personally don't feel like it's been a problem during the brief spells of match fitness. At worst I think he plays the Clichy to our Kolarov (this season) when they're both perfectly healthy. And it wasn't terribly long ago that people claimed Micah was still first choice, despite Zaba coming off player of the season.

All by way of saying, I haven't personally seen anything that would leave me to believe that a match-fit Micah isn't very much in the manager's rotation and thoughts. He just hasn't been fit.

I think Oscar is like one of those eastern europians championing Dzeko every week.

At least Dzeko rolls up onto the pitch and plays football week-in and week-out. Not like our resident sicknote.

Blind allegience. Got to love it !

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
gwt said:
So is it true he's refused a new five year deal?

If he has he's a knob.

He'll only play another 30 games or so in his entire career imo, unless he sorts himself out. He's too heavy and muscle bound to be a full back, plus he's lost that blistering pace he once had.

Sad sad sad, but thats life we move on.

It blows my mind that he's learned nothing about playing in central defence with Kompany in our side.

Just goes to show you that intelligence can't always be contagious

gwt said:

Probably. He should have signed an extension before the season started, but seemed to be holding off for a larger deal. Shame.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
gwt said:

If he has he's a knob.

He'll only play another 30 games or so in his entire career imo, unless he sorts himself out. He's too heavy and muscle bound to be a full back, plus he's lost that blistering pace he once had.

Sad sad sad, but thats life we move on.

That's harsh and wildly inaccurate imo

You don't reach the level that Micah has without being completely professional. The advice and coaching available to Micah will be second to non, not a cat in hells chance will he be ignoring that advice.
If he doesn't make it at City, it won't be for the lack of trying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.