Micah Richards

micah was born in Leeds , came through Oldhams acedemy and has admitted he supported Arsenal as a kid , he is not a true blue , but a well paid employee of the club. Micah has been a good player for our club , hes english and has been with us nearly 10 years , so i would love to see the lad have an injury free run , get his form back , and even play for England again , but the success demanded at our club now , means he will not be given the time , A real shame because when i first saw him as a 17 year old , and he burst on the England scene , he had so much potential .

He's not a true blue? He's as close as anyone in our current squad or in recent memory. the man loves this football club. has said on record time and time again he wants to be a one club man. loyalty in football is shot to bits. Fans dismissing Micah proves that.

CityReg said:
He's not a true blue? He's as close as anyone in our current squad or in recent memory. the man loves this football club. has said on record time and time again he wants to be a one club man. loyalty in football is shot to bits. Fans dismissing Micah proves that.

It is a fact that during his time at the club we have had bids from Liverpool, Chelsea and Juventus for him. All were rejected and not once did he kick up a fuss. How many players with his ability and potential would have stayed at the club when he could have easily forced through a move to a 'big club'? He stayed loyal to us and we should stay loyal to him during his injury problems and poor form. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then fair enough, he's too good to sit on the bench.

Even as a City fan I'd be happier seeing Micah playing regularly for a team like Everton than seeing him wasting his time behind Zabaleta on our bench.

ForzaMancini said:
CityReg said:

It is a fact that during his time at the club we have had bids from Liverpool, Chelsea and Juventus for him. All were rejected and not once did he kick up a fuss. How many players with his ability and potential would have stayed at the club when he could have easily forced through a move to a 'big club'? He stayed loyal to us and we should stay loyal to him during his injury problems and poor form. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then fair enough, he's too good to sit on the bench.

Even as a City fan I'd be happier seeing Micah playing regularly for a team like Everton than seeing him wasting his time behind Zabaleta on our bench.

Micha also turned down going to Spurs for big money at the age of 18.

CityReg said:

your interpretation of a "true blue" differs from mine , i consider Mike Doyle , Glyn Pardoe , Alan Oakes , Richard Edghill ,Paul Lake , David White type players "true blues" born in the area , city supporters and coming through our academy . My comments are not dismissing Micah at all , the club has moved on , we are one of the top 10 in europe , and one of the things i will miss most as a city supporter is watching a "true blue" play for my club , if Micah proved me wrong , i couldnt be happier , because he is probably as near to a "true blue we are ever likely to see.

gmckennasell said:
CityReg said:

your interpretation of a "true blue" differs from mine , i consider Mike Doyle , Glyn Pardoe , Alan Oakes , Richard Edghill ,Paul Lake , David White type players "true blues" born in the area , city supporters and coming through our academy . My comments are not dismissing Micah at all , the club has moved on , we are one of the top 10 in europe , and one of the things i will miss most as a city supporter is watching a "true blue" play for my club , if Micah proved me wrong , i couldnt be happier , because he is probably as near to a "true blue we are ever likely to see.

OK........by your definition, you don't think that Vinny, Zabba, Uwe, Bert T ,Andy Morrison, the Goat, Skip, Buzzer etc.can be classed as 'True Blues ' ?

George Evans and George Glendon are "true blues" (at the club since they were little + City fans), even though they probably don't have a huge chance of making the first team. Micah is the same as Albert Rusnak or Emyr Huws AKA lads recruited in their mid-ish teens and fond of the club, but probably not as emotionally attached as the local boys who have been here since they were 8 or 9.

Davs 19 said:
gmckennasell said:
CityReg said:

OK........by your definition, you don't think that Vinny, Zabba, Uwe, Bert T ,Andy Morrison, the Goat, Skip, Buzzer etc.can be classed as 'True Blues ' ?

all the players you mentioned are great blues , like bell ,lee , kinkaldze and i am sure merlin , negredo , aguero , etc etc will follow but MY opinion is a true blue , is local lad done good , so yes MY definition is different from yours.

does it say somewhere that unless when you were an egg, and in the ovaries of a Maine Road season ticket holder, who was in a romantic involvement with another season ticket holder, and conceived behind the stands under a rainy Manchester overcast sky, and born to the incantations of 'The Boys in Blue' as recorded in Strawberry Studios in Manchester, then you aren't in fact a true blue?

and I submit the following into evidence:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2197787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2197787</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.