Micah Richards

Richards was class at right back for City and class for most of the season under Sven at centre back. When he came back from injury, he’d have one game back and Pellegrini would write him off straight away because he was clearly unfit due to lack of game time. Bruce might be doing the same at Villa. But in order to become sharp, you need to play. How many people wrote Aguero off a couple of months ago, 2 games back from injury? How many people wrote Kompany off? How many people expect Yaya to be at his best coming into the team for 3 games a season? Yaya, at his peak, was never fully fit until January anyway. As easy as it is to say, this guy is earning x amount of money a week, for some players, to become match fit you need to be playing competitive football otherwise you are physically incapable of being at the required standard.

A lot of comments on the article in the mail saying "He could have been a great player" which is so wrong because he was outstanding in that title winning season especially the 1-6 where he was MOTM for me. Such a shame about injuries but these things happen.

No idea how accurate the claims are but on some of these stories to come out recently, I've seen replies saying that Villa haven't played him again because they would have to pay us for triggering a certain amount of appearances. Again, no clue about the legitimacy.

No idea how accurate the claims are but on some of these stories to come out recently, I've seen replies saying that Villa haven't played him again because they would have to pay us for triggering a certain amount of appearances. Again, no clue about the legitimacy.

I doubt that, as he left at the end of his contract.

I think.

He's a wonderful example of a young player who stood out because he was quicker and stronger than others his age. He nearly turned around a youth cup final against Liverpool single handed when he came back for the second leg having been away with the first team for the first leg at Anfield. While his athleticism held up he was a great defender in a middling team. When his fitness started to decline, he couldn't keep his place in a good team and now he can't get in a crap team. He does illustrate perfectly the gulf between youth team football and the game at the top level. He bridged it but he couldn't stay there because his game was based on his physical prowess. Kyle Walker is a much better footballer with similar attributes of speed and strength but on the left we've been successfully playing two much smaller and slower players.

To me, Stuart Pearce's worst decision. He kept Richards out of the first leg of the youth cup final (played on a Friday night) to play him in a meaningless end of season 0-0 at West Ham on the Saturday and we lost 3-0 at Anfield.
He was immense in the 2nd leg and fuck knows how we only won 2-0..... i truly believe with Richards in the 1st leg we would never have lost 3-0.

Yer right, cb. The last time I went to the Swamp was for the Youth Cup game when The Drunken Wife Beater showed the world how to play football, and we lost 4-1 after a 1-1 home leg. When I saw the second leg v The Dippers at The Etihad Micah played a similarly dominant role. We'd have come away from Liverpool at least level.

Michah was great in his early years and played a key role in our title winning season..not least for his brave clearance from a corner at Newcastle in the last minute which preceded our second goal. It was a pivotal moment. He looked brilliant for England as well. Nedum would have been even better than him if he hadn't got injured. When Michah looks back on his career he will have many great moments to remember.

Michah was great in his early years and played a key role in our title winning season..not least for his brave clearance from a corner at Newcastle in the last minute which preceded our second goal. It was a pivotal moment. He looked brilliant for England as well. Nedum would have been even better than him if he hadn't got injured. When Michah looks back on his career he will have many great moments to remember.

This - he is a multi millionaire - has a title medal, cup medal and played nearly 300 times for City!

Not bad life, i would say!

He was always going to struggle as he got older with his bulk . Can see him packing it in when his Villa contract is up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.