Micah Richards

Mention of our Micah always reminds me of this absolute corker (skip the first 49 seconds):

I was at that game, fantastic celebrations at the end there, I've still got the scars from it!
I hope everything works out for Micah, was a great player but more than that seemed like a nice guy.

And Zaba?

Do you forget how he improved and at the same time keeping Micah out of the team and unfortunately when he got rotated in he seemed to pick up yet another knock, I loved Micah but tbh I loved Zaba ten times more, a true fans pro who then became the best in his position through hard work and dedication.

No I don't forget and I agree with a lot of what you say. I was actually gonna write about how the battle between Micah and Zaba got the very best out of both of them. Zabaleta wouldn't have been half the player he was without Micah and vice versa but I still think Micah could have done with a run of games in 12/13 to try and get him fit again after a long term absence but he wasn't given a chance.

No I don't forget and I agree with a lot of what you say. I was actually gonna write about how the battle between Micah and Zaba got the very best out of both of them. Zabaleta wouldn't have been half the player he was without Micah and vice versa but I still think Micah could have done with a run of games in 12/13 to try and get him fit again after a long term absence but he wasn't given a chance.

It was unfortunate but I can't blame the coach for not handing out a run of games when Zaba was the man, I may have been remembering wrong but I thought Micah got injured or at at the least kept tweaking muscles/hamstring on his comeback games, thus limiting the trust to stay fit to play, actually quite similar to what Pep was treating VK like the season before last.

I saw him a couple of weeks ago in Hale, I think it was the afternoon of the City game at Old Trafford. He didn’t look like a footballer, certainly not one that had put any effort into training for a while

i don't think its just that ?? and at villa their is loads of stories about him behind the scenes and just sitting on his contract and running it down for 3 seasons, much like danny mills at man city when he was in the physio room and on the table more than at home, he even had his own space for his slippers under the physio table
From what I've heard he was a great influence around the training ground. He just couldn't get fit.

And given that why would he walk out on his contract.

I saw him a couple of weeks ago in Hale, I think it was the afternoon of the City game at Old Trafford. He didn’t look like a footballer, certainly not one that had put any effort into training for a while

That’s probably because he hadn’t. If he wasn’t fit, and knew he was retiring at the end of the season, what would be the point?

OFFICIAL: Former Manchester City defender Micah Richards has retired from football. The 31-year-old will be back working with Manchester City in an ad hoc off-the-field role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.