Micah

Did i imagine a tevez interview before he came to us that the defender he hated to play against the most was Micah? Because he was that good?

And the season next, wasnt there one backroom leaked tactic of one team (everton? leicester?) that micah was the weakest link and all attack go through him?

I like micah. He has or had pace. Could score goals, has or had an eye for passes, but it all just went away one day. He smiles it off yes but when he was aggressive he was a different monster. Except for those crazy dolphin dives. Fouls yes but his falls have been graceful.

We've had this before...he doesn't look like a footballer, his shoulders are too big, he's too muscular...before he became arguably the best right-back in the world in 2012 when we won the league.

I love Zaba, but Micah's a much better player than him when he's at his best. Better final ball, quicker, better in the air, stronger. In 2012, he was rightly our first choice because every single time he got in a dangerous position, he'd find the right ball which Zaba doesn't always do. The 6-1 at Old trafford being the prime example. I doubt we would have won the FA cup either without him pretty much single-handedly getting us back into the game against Notts County either.

Micah's problem is that he gets injured a lot and when coming back from injury, never gets a decent run (not under Pellegrini anyway) in the team. He's not gonna be back to his best after 2 games back in the side, at which point, he ends up getting dropped again. The only time he does get to play, he's stupidly told not to go forward, meaning that we have no width and end up getting knocked out of the FA cup by Wigan.

People might say he's leaving of his own accord, but it was the stupid decision to not even try and give him a run of games when he came back from injury, that forced him out. If we carry on like this, it's inevitable that we are gonna lose players of the calibre of De Jong and Richards (who would not have needed to bring Mcmanaman down in the Final).

It's another appalling decision by the management and I'm very sad to see that we'll be losing our best reight-back no matter how prone to injury he might be. And as for the nerds giving it all the usual bollocks about him being too big, too stupid, not good enough for where we want to be, go and ask Carlos tevez or Gareth Bale what they think of him and see what you get.

BlueMo' said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
BlueMo' said:
He won't get those games if we get Sagna. He knows that too, that's why he wants out i suppose.

Come on, we went after Sagna after he rejected a contract.

I reckon we're in the market for a right back regardless. Micah didn't go backwards. The team went forward.

This to me sums it up - ive said in another thread on micah that a few years ago he was our best player and one of the first on the team sheet, however due to the club growing and developing, we've been able to make additions to the team that none of us had ever imagined we'd be able to.. and unfortunately micah hasn't upped his game/been troubled with injuries meaning that as the team and club has moved forward he has been left behind..

I wish the lad all the best moving forward as he's a complete hero and all round nice guy, just unfortunately no longer cutting the mustard at this standard IMO

Fame Monster said:
We've had this before...he doesn't look like a footballer, his shoulders are too big, he's too muscular...before he became arguably the best right-back in the world in 2012 when we won the league.

I love Zaba, but Micah's a much better player than him when he's at his best. Better final ball, quicker, better in the air, stronger. In 2012, he was rightly our first choice because every single time he got in a dangerous position, he'd find the right ball which Zaba doesn't always do. The 6-1 at Old trafford being the prime example. I doubt we would have won the FA cup either without him pretty much single-handedly getting us back into the game against Notts County either.

Micah's problem is that he gets injured a lot and when coming back from injury, never gets a decent run (not under Pellegrini anyway) in the team. He's not gonna be back to his best after 2 games back in the side, at which point, he ends up getting dropped again. The only time he does get to play, he's stupidly told not to go forward, meaning that we have no width and end up getting knocked out of the FA cup by Wigan.

People might say he's leaving of his own accord, but it was the stupid decision to not even try and give him a run of games when he came back from injury, that forced him out. If we carry on like this, it's inevitable that we are gonna lose players of the calibre of De Jong and Richards (who would not have needed to bring Mcmanaman down in the Final).

It's another appalling decision by the management and I'm very sad to see that we'll be losing our best reight-back no matter how prone to injury he might be. And as for the nerds giving it all the usual bollocks about him being too big, too stupid, not good enough for where we want to be, go and ask Carlos tevez or Gareth Bale what they think of him and see what you get.

Can you explain how you can give a guy who gets injured in his comeback game all the time "a run of games" exactly? in a wheelchair?

Fame Monster I have very blue tinted spectacles when it comes to City and love youngsters coming through like Micah did but your opinion, of which you are entitled, may be clouded by the 2012 title winning success. Micah has never been the same player since he went to the Olympics. He has picked up injury after injury and it has had a majorly detrimental effect on his game. He has lost a yard of pace, the pace that we used to rely on so he could make last ditch tackles to prevent shots or block shots on goal. His reading of the game seems to have suffered to, probably because he can't get in the positions he used to be able to. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that the Best of Micah, at right back, has come and gone and as a result he will be sold on. Sagna will probably come and he and Zab will keep the position whilst one of the young kids come through or we bring in and coach a younger player. Either way, It'll be sad to see Micah go, I hope I'm proved wrong but just can't see it. The alternative is that Micah is given a chance at centre half, a position I'm sure he would do very well at, time will tell.

Fame Monster said:

You Sir are clearly drunk!

I've said it before and it still stands 100% true, Micah, regardless of the occasional good game at Centre Half with Dunne, is the epitome of what is wrong with English Football and the policies that see players with his fundamentally limited footballing ability progress through youth systems at the expense of small less powerful yet infinitely better players.

He is, to put it bluntly, an over muscled immobile lump who due to his size has absolutely no recovery ability. In short he is a sprinter masquerading as a footballer.

Anyone who witnessed his display against Norwich in the final game of 12/13 season that we lost 3-2 at home will have fully witnessed the level of his liability. He was blatantly at fault for all 3 goals and was that awkward in his play he twice fell over is own feet!

He has clearly outstayed his use in some forlorn hope of acquiring cheap medals coupled with an expensive contract renewal. Thank God City have sent him packing. In fact, when you sober up, you will cast your mind back to when Pellegrini arrived, Micah was continually making gormless videos, partly encouraged by the club media team, where he would lark about and just laugh. It would seem Pellegrini was straight onto him and quickly realised this kind of summed up his current attitude to his football.

In summary he showed some potential but was over-hyped and lost his way. Certainly he is nowhere near good enough to clean Zabaleta's boots. As for your assertion he has a better final ball! Well YCMIU.

He did well for us in 11/12. Perhaps not as reliable as Zabaleta and hence overlooked for the run in. But still a very good season with some storming performances, such as in the 1-6. He's had a serious injury, missed pre season and hasn't had enough football to get back to where he was. He's in a Catch 22 situation. Until he gets a run of games under his belt he will struggle. But it was difficult to pick him mid season because he wasn't match fit.

I think people are being harsh on him. Why not see how fit he is when he returns for pre season? Give him some game time in pre season friendlies. If he can recover the fitness levels and standard of performance of 11/12 he would be a very useful home grown member of the squad. If not sell him towards the end of the window. Why the rush to get rid of him?

Fame Monster said:

I can agree with some of that but every time he has been given a chance this season he has fluffed it, the club can not carry passengers its sad as he will be remembered fondly by all of us

Ducado said:
Fame Monster said:

I can agree with some of that but every time he has been given a chance this season he has fluffed it, the club can not carry passengers its sad as he will be remembered fondly by all of us

Fame Monster comments are clearly born out of sentiment for Richards being either a long serving England-born academyproduct at the club. It simply shines through and to be fair, that's a pity as it degrades a decent piece.
But there simply is no place for sentiment in the top of sports. That is what Mancini has brought in, and what Pellegrini, however in a more holistic way, tries to develop even more. Yes, when fit Richards hardly got a game. But it wasn't like he gave the impression either on the training pitch or when he actually did have a game, that inspired Pellegrini to let him have a run of games. In contrast, Pellegrini and his staff thought Richards needed special training, probabaly to get his physics more in shape with playing football for 90 minutes and more than just the odd game. I tend to think they helped Richards to continue his career as a footballplayer (wherever that may be) rather than restricting him to the bench.
Set aside your sentiments and look what truly happened to Richards eversince he was labelled the new Alberto Carlos ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.