Micah

City are willing to offer Micah a new contract. He should sign it and work on his form and fitness to regain the first choice at full back.

ElanJo said:
The only reason why our management should even be considering letting him go and replacing him with 31 year old Sagna is his fitness because given a run of games Micah is just as good as him.

Sagna is different gravy

MaineRoadBlue said:
I've said it before and it still stands 100% true, Micah, regardless of the occasional good game at Centre Half with Dunne, is the epitome of what is wrong with English Football and the policies that see players with his fundamentally limited footballing ability progress through youth systems at the expense of small less powerful yet infinitely better players.

He is, to put it bluntly, an over muscled immobile lump who due to his size has absolutely no recovery ability. In short he is a sprinter masquerading as a footballer.

Anyone who witnessed his display against Norwich in the final game of 12/13 season that we lost 3-2 at home will have fully witnessed the level of his liability. He was blatantly at fault for all 3 goals and was that awkward in his play he twice fell over is own feet!

He has clearly outstayed his use in some forlorn hope of acquiring cheap medals coupled with an expensive contract renewal. Thank God City have sent him packing. In fact, when you sober up, you will cast your mind back to when Pellegrini arrived, Micah was continually making gormless videos, partly encouraged by the club media team, where he would lark about and just laugh. It would seem Pellegrini was straight onto him and quickly realised this kind of summed up his current attitude to his football.

In summary he showed some potential but was over-hyped and lost his way. Certainly he is nowhere near good enough to clean Zabaleta's boots. As for your assertion he has a better final ball! Well YCMIU.

Maybe a tad harsh but pretty much sums it up.

Sagna isnt good enough to test Zaba. No improvement on Richards. I look at Coleman and think go all out for him instead give Zaba a real test and fight for his place. IF not then stick with what we have.

leighton said:
Sagna isnt good enough to test Zaba. No improvement on Richards. I look at Coleman and think go all out for him instead give Zaba a real test and fight for his place. IF not then stick with what we have.

2 of the best prospects at the club can play at right-back, so signing Sagna (for free), who has been one of the best right-backs in the league this season, makes perfect sense instead of spending £20m+ on Coleman. The club seems to have a strategy.

LoveCity said:
leighton said:

2 of the best prospects at the club can play at right-back, so signing Sagna (for free), who has been one of the best right-backs in the league this season, makes perfect sense instead of spending £20m+ on Coleman. The club seems to have a strategy.

Some people on this forum are unreal... 20m on Coleman? Jesus

cmdub said:
LoveCity said:
leighton said:

Some people on this forum are unreal... 20m on Coleman? Jesus

Out of curiosity, which part of his post are you taking objection to? I feel like the general consensus from neutrals this season was that Seamus was the best RB of the season (You've still got my vote, Zabba). He's 25 years old and constitutes a homegrown player. Everton doesn't want to sell. And they refused to sell Baines to Man U. last summer for a higher price.

So if they're not going to sell a 29 year-old LB for more than £20 million why would they sell a better 25 year-old for less than £20 million?

As for Micah, I'm torn. Unlike many on here I still believe he's an excellent player when fit. It's just that hanging chad of fitness... short of rubbing a crystal ball, I have no clue what to say except to protect the best interests of the club and guarantee we have a fit secondary option at RB when next season kicks off.

LoveCity said:
leighton said:

who are the 2 your referring to LC?

Zaba is light years ahead of Micah these days and anyone suggesting otherwise is mental.

Sagna is also excellent and very rarely makes mistakes.. One of the best crossers of the ball in the prem too, so will get plenty of assists should he rotate occasionally with Zabs.

Not good enough anymore sadly, you only have to look at the games he's played in to realise that.

3-2 against bayern (took off when 2-0 down)
2-1 defeat against Wigan
4-2 win against watford (took of when 2-0 down)
3-1 defeat against Bayern

Surprised the club offered him a new deal tbh, perhaps if he stays injury free and gets regular games he might get somewhere close to the type of form he showed in the title winning season.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcU3aRndnjI[/video]

Will also be good for Oldham, might help them produce a promotion challenge next season.

Think Sagna will be a solid addition, been a consistent performer for Arsenal the past few years although will he be happy playing second choice to Zabaleta?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.