Micah

Challenger1978 said:
karen7 said:
We have offered,he has turned it down,keep up

What did we offer him though ?

A new conract,he says he wants to play more and although he loves it here he has to think of his career
Cheeky buggar i think as he hasn't played because he is never fit so zab has been flogged to death this season

Ref- OS under interviews, jol and micah post west ham interview

bluesimon said:
Why on earth do we not offer him a new contract and then get him out on loan. If he does well, then we could be improving his value substantially or at worst, could become a great right back and a great asset for us. It would be a shame for him to skulk out the back door for a few million quid, being one of our longest standing academy breakthroughs.................

I wish he could rediscover his old form and spend the rest of his career with us, but it just seems like his time has come to go now. Hope he's able to stay injury free and fulfil his potential, there's not a single half-decent right-back in the country so no reason why he can't force his way into the England side.

Mancio called him 'Crystali' for a reason and I can't imagine Pellegrini has a different view.

His conditioning has deteriorated as well as we saw when he finally appeared on the pitch.

Shame really and I would have liked to see him be a proper squad player or even first team regular. But more likely he will get fit, sort out his conditioning, get back in the team, play a few games and then be out injured again for 3 months.

The stats, sadly, speak for themselves. Maybe his physique is all wrong and he's not suited for the wing-back role. Might be worth a try giving him a run in at central defence but would he be better than Vinnie/Nasty/DeMechelis ? I don't think he'd get a game and we are looking at another central defender of quality as well which means he slips further down the pecking order.

If we keep him put him on a pay-per-play contract with a decent basic of say £40K per week but £90K if he plays. If he won't take it he knows he's not going to be fit most of the time and so he's a mercenary and should move on. If he takes it the fans will love him and he gets to stay at the club he says he loves - though he's also rumoured to be an Arsenal fan.

karen7 said:
Challenger1978 said:
karen7 said:

A new conract,he says he wants to play more and although he loves it here he has to think of his career
Cheeky buggar i think as he hasn't played because he is never fit so zab has been flogged to death this season

Zab must be knackered,no sentiment now,best for Micah if he moves on.

It's a shame but sadly these things happen. It's not our fault he is/was constantly struggling with injuries and had one of the best right backs going, nor is it his.

In a way after us having the likes of Wayne Bridge stinking up the joint, I'm happy Micah has decided he wants to make a decent career, I'm sad it's not with us but at least I can respect the guy.

He rightly sees his chances limited behind Zaba , can't fault him for wanting get back playing week in week out , just a shame it won't be with us .

CITYBOY1000 said:
The stats, sadly, speak for themselves. Maybe his physique is all wrong and he's not suited for the wing-back role. Might be worth a try giving him a run in at central defence but would he be better than Vinnie/Nasty/DeMechelis ? I don't think he'd get a game and we are looking at another central defender of quality as well which means he slips further down the pecking order.

Never really understood this train of thought. His physique/pace/ball skills/reading of the game/positioning aren't good enough for full-back, so let's put him in central defence, directly up against some of the best strikers in europe/the world.

96401-93029.jpg

karen7 said:
Challenger1978 said:
karen7 said:

100% agree Karen it does grate me how he tries to portray it as he's not given any chances when if he was fit he would easily get 25 - 30 games a season slightly less than he would've have got if he started every game for Liverpool. I was shocked we even offered him an extension considering his injury record it was probably more to do with sentiment. If he moves on and his injury record continues I doubt any other club would be quite so forgiving.

MCFC4EVR said:
karen7 said:
Challenger1978 said:

100% agree Karen it does grate me how he tries to portray it as he's not given any chances when if he was fit he would easily get 25 - 30 games a season slightly less than he would've have got if he started every game for Liverpool. I was shocked we even offered him an extension considering his injury record it was probably more to do with sentiment. If he moves on and his injury record continues I doubt any other club would be quite so forgiving.

I think a lot of it is sentiment as he has been with us so long
I like him and wanted him to stay but have become a bit irritated by all the laughing and joking about but not playing
I wish we had a fit and focused micah but think the moment has past and my sympathy is now for zab,he has to have proper backup next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.